Wk 3 discussion topic this consists of an answer and a response to 3
When developing system requirements, it is very important that they be written in a way that will allow for specific design and development steps. Poorly written requirements may lead to ambiguity, resulting in missing a stakeholder’s expectations.
Develop one complete system requirement for one of the following activities:
- Option A: Making a withdrawal at an ATM.
- Option B: Using your charge card for a meal at a restaurant.
- Option C: Buying a stock using an online brokerage account.
- Option D: Searching for books (on a specific topic) using an online bookstore.
In your response, consider attributes that comprise a solid system requirement, as well as the result of requirements that do not meet quality attributes.
Post your answers to the discussion forum.
Respond to at least three of your peers. In your response, consider adding another attribute that makes it a solid system requirement, or suggest another way to write the system requirement.
Option B: Using your charge card for a meal at a restaurant.
- Insert Card
- Read Card
- Generate Transaction Number
- Authenticate Business
- Authenticate Customer
- Select Payment Type
- Select Payment Amount
- Confirm Payment
- Transaction Ends
Once this information has been sent to the merchant, it takes the funds from your credit or debit card and deposits those funds into the account of the restaurant owner or company. This usually occurs the instantly or next day although it may take longer. The amount of money that gets debited and deposited is based entirely on what gets entered into the credit card processing machine by an employee of the restaurant.
I decided to choose option A: Making a withdrawal at an ATM.
- The ATM should be able to take multiple credit cards: Visa, Master Card
- The ATM should allow customer to made deposits and check their balances.
- The ATM should allow you to withdrawal different types of American Bills. ie: $5s, $10s, 20s, $50s
- The ATM should allow you to get a receipt option at the end of your transaction
- If pin is entered incorrectly 3 times the ATM card is blocked and customer is notified
- The ATM should ask you to reenter your pin if idle for 15 seconds
- The ATM will prompt customers to reenter their pin if they want to complete a new transaction
Requirements that do not meet quality attributes
Some system requirements I do not like is having just twenty dollar bills at disposal.
System requirements for making a withdrawal at an ATM.
-The ATM system should be able to accept a unique ID from the customer.
– The ATM system shall accept the account type from the customer for deposits, balance query, and for payments on account.
-the ATM shall give the customer several banking options
-The ATM system shall provide the customer a receipt for deposits and withdrawals.
-The ATM system shall complete the customer sign-on in 5 seconds. The design goal could be 3 seconds.