Geertz – Nonspecialist Audiences:
This assignment is part of the activities called “Public Anthropology” that we will do this semester. It is inspired by Margaret Mead’s engagement with the wider public – not just other anthropologists. The world, it seems, could benefit from a more anthropological perspective.
The video below is intended to help jog your memory on some basics in anthropology, and to inspire you on how you would present an issue, problem, or question informed by anthropology to a wider audience. What is anthropology, what kinds of questions or issues does it raise for you, and how are the skills applicable? What is the “Big Question” that interests you?
Objective: To think about and synthesize your anthropological learning these past years, and to articulate to nonspecialist audiences the significance of an anthropological approach to a human problem.
Outcome: A two-minute, well-articulated synthesis of an anthropological approach to a specific issue that can be used in a variety of contexts.
In one post, answer the following questions:
1. What concept or idea do you wish you had learned as an anthropology student? What did you learn that was significant and important, but have now forgotten or gotten fuzzy on?
2. How does this video help you to think about your BIG QUESTION (i.e. the one we are developing this semester)? List three ways it inspires you to think about articulating anthropological concerns to a wider public.
The Short Activities Rubric will be used to grade this exercise.
1. Anthropological Perspectives (1) Exhibits awareness and understanding of ethnocentrism, cultural relativity, contexts, and power in all activities;
2. Course Concepts & Examples (1) Directly and appropriately utilizes course terminology in all writing and activities; Describes and utilizes appropriate examples from course materials (readings, films, individual fieldwork, media sources);
3. Follows Instructions & Puts in Effort (3) Is this a compare/contrast discussion? Did you find outside sources if required? Were you supposed to upload an image? Follow the directions!! And put in some effort. For more information on Wikipedia: Vocabulary Levels check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vocabulary_levels
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.