Business: Read the New Yorker article “Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds” written by Elizabeth Kolbert and take part in the experiment described in the previous lesson, and then respond to the prompts listed below:
1. Beneath each question listed below, explain how your answers differed between the two different ways of reading.
What is the main idea or point of the article?
Who is the audience that Kolbert is addressing? How do you know? (Describe things you noticed about the publication, the New Yorker, where the article appeared, that gave you this idea.)
What might be an alternative way to explain her conclusions?
2. Why do you think Kolbert wrote this article? Does she want readers to behave in a different way? Think about something differently? Or, something else?
3. Think about where and how YOU read. Do you read on a Kindle or other type of eReader? Do you read books? Do you read articles? Do you read web pages? Do you read in another format? Be specific.
4. What do the visual elements of the text reveal? In other words, what point do the visuals make? How do the visuals support Kolbert’s main claim?
5. Do you agree with Kolbert’s claims in this article? Why or why not?
6. Finally, did any of the strategies you used from this week’s lessons affect your understanding of the article?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.