Write an essay on one of the topics below. Your essay should present a clear, well-supported argument (thesis). Please refer to three course texts in your answer. Please state your thesis in the introduction, define key terms, and provide concrete examples and quotations to back up your claims.
The essay should be approximately five (substantial) paragraphs long. Please indicate the essay topic that you chose to answer.
1. What is intertextuality? Make a clear argument about how three course texts exemplify the concept. Be sure to identify how the texts are similar and different insofar as the use of intertextual references is concerned.
2. Discuss three course texts that modernize earlier stories to make them relevant for new readers or audiences. In your assessment, how exactly do the authors (or filmmaker) update the earlier stories why? Be sure to present an overarching thesis that connects your chosen texts.
3. What role does genre play in storytelling? Is it possible for a writer (or filmmaker) to use
generic conventions while also creating a work that is innovative? Make an argument about
three course texts whose creators rely on generic conventions yet who use those
conventions in new and interesting ways.
• Mary Shelley, Frankenstein (Broadview)
• George Bernard Shaw, Pygmalion (Penguin)
• Ira Levin, The Stepford Wives (HarperCollins)
• Victor LaLavalle’s Destroyer (Boom!)
• Christie, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (HarperCollins)
• Salman Rushdie, Haroun and the Sea of Stories (Penguin)
• Optional film: Get Out (dir. Peele, 2017)
For more information on What Is Intertextuality? read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intertextuality#
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.