Week 3 overview | Nursing homework help
ENGL 1020: Composition /Analysis
University of Memphis
Week #3: The Rhetorical Analysis/Logical Fallacies
This unit will:
- Further introduce critical reading strategies.
- Introduce logical fallacies often found in arguments
- Begin the Drafting Process to fulfill the Rhetorical Analysis Essay Assignment
You may start the unit at any time, but you must have all tasks completed by Sunday at 11:59 pm.
I suggest that you print the Weekly Overview and check off the tasks as you complete them to help you stay on track throughout the week.
- Read the textbook articles as directed by the Assignment Calendar:
- “The Education of Dasmine Cathey” pp. 143-162
- “Memphis Burning” 183-201
- “Blacks in Memphis Lose Decades of Economic Gains” pp. 163-169
- “Reflecting on ENGL 1020” and “Rhetorical Analysis” pp 468-472
- Watch the “Logical Fallacies Video.”
- Read the “Logical Fallacy Discussion Post Assignment” in Week #3. Post by Thursday, and respond by Sunday at 11:59.
- Choose the essay you will analyze for the Rhetorical Analysis Essay Assignment. You may choose from:
- “The Soul of Memphis” by Jamie Katz, pp. 19-39
- “The Education of Dasmine Cathey” by Brad Wolverton, pp. 143-162
- “Memphis Burning” by Preston Lauterbach, pp. 183-201
- “The Resistance: Memphis Activism Sprouts Everywhere” by Flyer Staff, pp. 83-91
* If you wish to analyze another essay for your assignment, you must email me the title (if it is in our textbook) or a link (if not in the
textbook) by Thursday at 11:59 pm for my approval.
- Begin analyzing the article of your choice for the essay assignment using the “Analysis Worksheet” in Week #3. Then, draft a one-two page straight summary of the article, which is due to the Dropbox by Sunday at 11:59 pm.