Week 3 discussion – isys – due by tomorrow, wed. by 5pm cst
Week 3 Discussion
Company IT Needs
Businesses have numerous choices available in software packages, hardware, and operating systems to carry out daily operations. Making the correct decisions regarding the IT system may greatly affect the long-term performance of a company.
For this Discussion, consider the conditions, requirements, and factors that organizations should keep in mind when selecting the computer software, hardware, peripherals, and network setup for their business. Be sure to consider current architectures, enabling tools, and project cycles in this process.
Post by Day 3 a 200- to 250-word explanation of the conditions, requirements, and factors that organizations need to consider when selecting the computer software, hardware, peripherals, and network setup for their business. Justify your rationale for considering those conditions, requirements, and factors.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from the Learning Resources and any additional sources.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Respond by Day 6 to two or more of your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Make a suggestion.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and the insights you gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made.
Note: Refer to the Discussion Template in the Learning Resources for your main post and response.
- Haag, S., & Cummings, M. (2013). Management information systems for the information age (9th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
- Extended Learning Module A, “Computer Hardware and Software” (pp. 322–349)
- Extended Learning Module E, “Network Basics” (pp. 408–433)