The security consulting firm that you work for has been awarded a contract to implement a new IT Security Infrastructure to secure the Information Technology data assets of a local government agency. This agency has many remote workers that are in the field and need to connect back to the agency’s system servers. The remote workers use a wireless network infrastructure to connect their electronic pads to servers located within the local government’s facility. The remote workers have needs to access property records, cite zoning violations electronically, and validate building permits. The public demand to expand IT services has grown faster than its ability to provide an adequately secured infrastructure. In fact, this government entity was previously featured on the news for having minimal security controls and methods for accessing property tax information of citizens. The inadequate security allowed many construction trade businesses to illegally access property records and zoning violations. Your role in this project is to enhance and optimize the security mechanisms for accessing these systems.
Write a 7 page paper in which you:
1. Create an information flow diagram, using Visio or Dia, which:
a. Illustrates how remote users will securely connect to the government agency’s network.
b. Illustrates the patch of network devices that data packets must travel to get from server to remote user’s device and back to
Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
2. Provide an equipment list of network security devices that would be needed to ensure the integrity and sensitivity of private information. In this list:
a. Propose 3 vendor brands per each device and the associate costs required to procure these items.
b. Identify the functionality each device serves and the expected benefits the government agency should experience upon the successful installation of this equipment.
3. Develop a maintenance plan that should be recommended to the government agency to ensure having the latest security measures available within the network in which you:
a. Describe the risks associated with not fulfilling the activities outlined within your maintenance plan.
b. Indicate specific activities, personnel / resources required, and frequency of execution.
4. Recommend 5 physical security measures that could be developed to ensure the electronic perimeter of electronic assets.
5. Recommend 3 physical security vendors that could achieve the four (4) security measures you identified. Justify your
recommendations with your response.
6. Evaluate and consider activities that the Human Resources Department could perform in order to complement and instill security from within the organization. Provide a rationale with your response.
7. Use 5 quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.