W8 lab “op-amp circuit collection”
Op-Amp Circuit Collection
The purpose of this lab is to allow students with the opportunity to pull from all of the concepts presented in the course and be able to construct a circuit for a real time industry application. This lab will showcase all that was learned in the previous labs and allow for students to gain a greater appreciation of the important role that analog integrated circuits play in modern electronics.
- Read the section D.10 Curve Fitting Filters from the Appendix D from the textbook (Op Amps for Everyone Fourth Edition).
- Review the curve fitting equalization application discussed in this section (RIAA – Recording Industry Association of America).
- Design the equalization preamplifier in Figure D.12 by understanding the circuit design requirements on page 269.
- Perform AC Analysis to plot the response of the preamplifier. Take the Screenshots of the response and show the approximation of RIAA equalization curve.
- Answer the following questions:
- Describe the operations of this preamplifier circuit and explain how these preamplifier circuits work with single-supply circuits in limiting low frequency resonating components from the signal?
- Discuss what parameters can independently adjusted to enhance the quality of sound.
- Discuss the advantages of using this equalization preamplifier for sound reproduction.
- Create a new word document called “Lab8_StudentID.docx” with your GID substituted into the file name.
- Verify all the measurements from the simulation. Save the results and paste the screen captures in the word document. Make sure to answer the questions.
- Upload file “Lab8_StudentID” in Blackboard.