W004002 – copa and cipa
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) are both intended to provide protections for children accessing the Internet. However, they both have had some opposition. Write a three to five (7-8) page paper in which you:
- Describe the main compliancy requirements and the protected information for both COPPA and CIPA.
- Analyze how COPPA and CIPA are similar and how they are different, and explain why there is a need for two (2) different acts.
- Describe what you believe are the most challenging elements of both COPPA and CIPA to implement in order to be compliant.
- Speculate on why COPPA and CIPA define protection for different ages; COPPA defines a child as being under the age of 13 and CIPA defines a minor as being under the age of 17.
- Identify the main opposition to COPPA and CIPA based on research and speculate on whether they will be changed in the future based on the opposition.
- Use at least three (6) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
References must adhere to:
I need 6 clear and quality references.
These references need to be current and website based with an author who is current (2008-2018). I need to be able to go to a website and see that actual work.
Hints these are current subject related cited references.
No google books
No paid sites for access.
No make believe books.
****Must be current and visible references*****
Will not accept anything but true references.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the concept of privacy and its legal protections.
- Describe legal compliance laws addressing public and private institutions.
- Use technology and information resources to research legal issues in information security.
- Write clearly and concisely about information security legal issues and topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
See Rubic Attached must understand all topics must be hit on the rubric or paper will not be accepted.