Types of homelessness | criminal justice | Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
There are many routes one can take to become homeless. Revisit your readings for this unit and review the list of the Types of Homelessness to prepare for this assignment.
For this assignment, you will write a paper to explain the role of the human service professional as an advocate for change.
Using the Unit 5 Assignment Template, please respond to the following:
- Identify two populations from the list that you think you might work within your career as a human services professional.
- Describe the specific problems related to homelessness that individuals in these two populations may encounter.
- Describe two possible interventions or tasks that you might be involved in working with both populations. Why did you choose these interventions?
- What are two basic skills a human services professional might need to work with these populations? Using the NOHS Standards, explain the role human services professionals play in advocating for the homeless populations you selected.
- Research and identify at least one agency/organization in your community that might work with each population you selected. For each agency/organization you identified, provide the following information:
- How effective do you think the agency is in assisting the populations you chose to discuss?
- What are some of the important services of an agency that works with the homeless population?
Your assignment should be a 2- to 3-page expository paper, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of the assignment, course and section number, and date.
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs, reflecting appropriate personal and professional insights.
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- Be sure to use specific information from the text and outside research to support your answers.
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced and left aligned.
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides.
- Use APA formatting and citation style.
- If you need assistance with APA style, please visit the Academic Success Center.
The assignment must be written in Standard English and demonstrate superior organization, including a highly developed viewpoint and purpose. Your responses should be written in complete sentences and paragraphs. The communication of your thoughts must be highly ordered, logical, and unified, displaying exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics (including the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
This assignment assesses the following Course Outcomes:
HN200-1: Explain the role of the human service professional as an advocate for change.
GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.