Three-day unit plan | Education homework help
For this benchmark, you will complete a mini-unit of three informational text-based lesson plans and a corresponding assessment plan. You should utilize the lesson plan and other materials that you have created throughout this course.
Complete three informational text-based lesson plans that will be taught as a unit for a grade level that you specify based on the “Class Profile.” Complete Parts I, II, and III of the “COE Lesson Plan Template” for three lessons. You will elaborate on Part III of the “COE Lesson Plan Template,” which includes examples of summative assessment, within your assessment plan.
Each lesson plan should share a theme around your previously chosen informational text. Be sure to mention the materials and technology utilized within each lesson.
Utilize research-based strategies and technology that facilitate critical thinking and problem solving. Provide opportunities for questioning, collaboration, and supportive interaction among your students within your lessons. Include at least two of the following strategies within each of your three lessons:
- Direct instruction
- Indirect instruction
- Collaborative learning
- Experiential learning
- Independent study
- Interactive instruction
Describe how your activities would be differentiated for your students in the “Class Profile.”
Create an assessment plan for your mini-unit that includes demonstrating alignment between formal and informal assessment strategies and techniques. Your assessment plan will consist of the following two parts:
Part I – Introduction
In a 100-250 word introduction, include the following:
- A brief summary of your mini-unit for context.
- A description that demonstrates alignment between the standards, learning targets/objectives, learning activities, and formative and summative assessments.
- Identify other content areas in which your theme could be utilized. Provide examples.
Part II – Summative Assessment
Three summative assessments (one for each lesson) with answer keys or rubrics.
GCU format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Let’s first talk about the objectives for this week. For this Topic the Learning Objectives are:
- Plan instruction based on knowledge of students, learning theory, connections across the curriculum, curricular goals, and community. [ACEI 3.1; InTASC 7(a), 7 (b), 7(g)]
- Use a variety of teaching strategies and technologies that encourage elementary students’ development of critical thinking and problem solving. [ACEI 3.3; InTASC 3(g), 7(k), 8(f), 8(g), 8(l)]
- Develop learning opportunities for active inquiry, collaboration, and supportive interaction utilizing effective verbal, nonverbal, and media communication techniques. [ACEI 3.5; InTASC 3 (f), 3 (h), 3 (m), 8(m)]
- Use a variety of instructional strategies that encourage students’ development of Plan instruction that promotes continuous intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development using formal and informal assessment strategies. [ACEI 4.0; InTASC 6(a), 6(g), 6(j), 6(k), 6(l), 6(o)]
The reading this week is Chapter 12 in the textbook. This Chapter along with the other Resources will help you. I have included the template that you will be using for your benchmark.
Please USE THE ATTACHED TEMPLATE. It is required. There is a rubric for the benchmark. Please look it over to see how you will be graded. Please reach out to me in the Individual Forum or by phone if you have any questions. I am here for you.
To help you with this assignment, I have created a video. Please watch it using this link:
Textbook :.link- http://www.corestandards.org/assets/Appendix_B.pdf (page 94)
Instruction Video link: http://youtu.be/MOxc8p3PFYg?hd=1