TWO THESIS STATEMENTS
Directions: You must type two thesis statements that convey why Charles W. Chesnutt created “The Passing of Grandison”. A thesis statement is like a GPS, it allows the reader to know your purpose and where you are going. In your two thesis statements, you must include the author’s full name: Charles W. Chesnutt and you must include the title of the short story in quotation marks, “The Passing of Grandison”. Also you must always use present tense verbs such as: create, illustrate, depicts, explores, reviews, describes, portrays, etc. As always there is an example attached. Please review the examples and you will see how you must write your two thesis statements. The main idea of this assignment is for you to tell your audience why you believe Charles Chesnutt created that specific short story; was it show the conflict of man versus man, was it to reveal the theme of unconditional love between a man and a woman he adored. Whatever you think it is, you are absolutely right, as long as you have evidence from the short story to support your answer. Please, please, please, look at my sample. Your thesis statements should be no longer than one or two sentences long. Remember, to indent each thesis statement, and place the word OR in all caps, centered, and bold in between your thesis statements. Points will be deducted if directions are not followed. You cannot use personal pronouns like: I,me,my,we,us, our. You cannot use contractions like: can’t, shouldn’t, didn’t, won’t,etc. Take your time with this assignment and really look at the samples to help you. You may use Arial or Times New Roman, 11 or 12 point font size. Follow the heading and title as usual.
CHOOSING ONE THESIS STATEMENT AND WORKS CITED
When you are working on a critical analysis essay, and you have created your thesis statement, your next step is to find sources that support your thesis statement. Your sources must support what ever you argued in your thesis statement. So, if you decided to go with Charles Chesnutt created the “Passing of Grandison” to reveal the conflict of man versus man between a father and a son, now you must find sources that support that particular conflict was being shown in the short story. Now, please be mindful, you will never find full sources that will solely talk about whatever you placed in your thesis, but if a source has at least one paragraph or one sentence in it that YOU BELIEVE connects to your thesis statement, then that’s one of the sources you should use. Let’s go to the directions.
Directions: You will need to find three sources that support your favorite thesis statement. Out of two thesis statements that you completed, you must now select one. After you select one of your thesis statements, you must stick with that thesis statement throughout the remainder of the assignments. Once you have selected your favorite thesis statement will have to find three sources that support your thesis.
1. Skim through the sources to see which sources will connect to your favorite thesis statement. Remember, if there is one paragraph in a source, or at least one sentence in that source then you can use that as one of your three sources.
2. Once you select a source, click the title of the source.
3. Once you click the title of the source, the source should open. Once it is open, to the right side of your screen click on Citation Tool. Once you click on Citation Tool, the source will come up in the correct MLA (8th) edition format. Make sure the source is the incorrect MLA (8th) edition format.
4. Copy and paste what you see in the Citation Tool box and paste it to your Microsoft word assignment.
5. Do this for all three of your sources. Of course I will be attaching a sample for you to review.
6. Make sure that all of your sources are in alphabetical order by the authors’ last names.
7. Make sure that all of your sources are double-spaced, Arial or Times New Roman, 11 or 12 point font size.
8. If your sources go to the next line, you must do a hanging indentation. Please look at the sample attached. Which means make sure that your source are indented correctly. The first line of each source is NOT indented, it is actually all the other lines of that source that MUST be indented.
9. Remember anything that is in italics must stay in italics, anything that is in quotation marks must stay in quotation marks. That’s why I always tell my students be careful when you copy and paste. When you are copying and pasting, remember to use the icon that says “Keep Formatting” that way it keep everything in the font that you use and it will keep what needs to be in italics.
This assignment can be difficult, but if you follow the steps, you will be totally fine. Points will be deducted for errors, therefore, you should take your time and read the directions carefully.
OUTLINE FOR CRITICAL ESSAY
Directions: Please look at the sample that is attached. What you see highlighted, underlined, in bold and in parenthesis are directions for each roman numeral, number, and letter. The sample outline I’ve attached tells you what you should include for each roman numeral, letter, or number. Please read the highlighted information carefully. Remember, you are writing an outline which means you must have the roman numerals, numbers, and letters exactly the way the sample has them. You are creating an outline, so you should have roman numerals, letters and numbers just like the sample shown. Also, your outline must follow the same steps. For example you will have I. Introduction: II. Thesis Statements, etc. Just follow the sample. Here are other rules that you must follow while completing the outline:
1. You must use Arial or Times New Roman
2. 11 or 12 point font size
3. Everything must be typed and double-spaced
4. You will need your thesis statement, your Works Cited, and the short story, “The Passing of Grandison”.
5. You cannot use personal pronouns like: I,me,my,we,us, our.
6. You cannot use contractions like: didn’t, couldn’t, shouldn’t, don’t, etc.
Take your time and review the sample attached. If you do this correctly, your final essay will be a piece of pie!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.