1. Explain how the principal theories of consumer behavior can be applied to marketing.
2. Discuss the internal influences on the consumer as an individual, and their impact on purchasing and consumption behavior.
3. Discuss the external influences on the consumer in their social context, and their impact on purchasing and consumption behavior.
4. Evaluate trends in consumer behavior and apply them to an actual product or service.
The Marketing Manager of Icebreaker has approached you to provide them with a report on the application of Consumer Behavior theories/concepts to the way people consume Icebreaker products. Icebreaker is aware of Sustainability as a major trend in apparel shopping and is especially interested in the influence of Sustainability on today’s consumption behavior.
Write a 2000 word report that analyses the topic “An examination of selected aspects of Consumer Behavior theory and practice – with special consideration of sustainability – in relation to the products of Icebreaker.” You need to demonstrate your understanding of internal and external influences on consumer decision making and its application to Icebreaker’s products.
As a starting point, read two articles/reports available on stream:
• Icebreaker also available at: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/102967499/howicebreaker-founder-jeremy-moon turned-25000-into-288-million &
• Sustainability (“Sustainability sells: Why consumers and clothing brands alike are turning to sustainability as a guiding light”) also available at: https://www.businessinsider.com/sustainability-as-a-value-is-changing-howconsumers-shop?r=AU&IR=T
You will have to undertake additional background research on Icebreaker; Sustainability (as a trend in apparel shopping) and Icebreaker’s approach to sustainable consumption.
Look at https://www.icebreaker.com to get a better understanding about the company, their products, their approach to sustainability, etc. Please note: you are not allowed to contact Icebreaker or any other company for this assignment – you find an abundance of information available freely on the internet.
Integrate the background information throughout your assignment – use the information when going through steps 1-3 below. Make sure you reference the sources that you use appropriately. Make sure to check the quality of your sources – the company’s webpage, newspaper articles or reports are good resources ( ‘essay sites’ & ‘study help’ sites are not
The main purpose of this report is to explore the connections between Consumer Behavior concepts, and it’s relevance to Icebreaker – with special emphasis on sustainability and sustainable (apparel/fashion) consumption.
The assignment also provides you with an opportunity to express your opinions and tests your ability to relate concepts and theories to real life situations. The specific tasks involve the following:
1) Discuss the application of each element of the Consumer Decision Making Process to Icebreaker products.
2) Select any three (3) internal influences. Discuss how they influence the Consumer Decision Making Process regarding a decision to consume Icebreaker products.
3) Select any three (3) external influences. Discuss how they influence the Consumer
Decision Making Process regarding a decision to consume Icebreaker products. Sections 1-3: For every Consumer Behavior concept discussed, you need to provide a brief discussion of the concept (the background – incl. at least 1 reference), and show how it applies to the consumption of Icebreaker.
• Make sure you use appropriate terminology and be specific when discussing and applying the concepts – this assignment has to reflect that you are familiar with consumer behavior concepts / models and theories.
• Please use the Consumer Behavior Textbook and at least 4 other sources to discuss the concepts in parts 1-3 (a minimum of 5 different books/articles. These are in addition to the information about Icebreaker and Sustainability/Sustainable Apparel Consumption discussed above)
The following is a rough guide for planning your assignment:
1. 100 words introduction
2. 300 words on Consumer decision making process + application
3. 600 words on 3 internal influences (3x 200 words)
4. 600 words on 3 external influences (split roughly as above)
5. 300 words to link 3 & 4 back to 1 – this section brings the previous sections together
6. 100 words summary/conclusion
Please use 12pt Times New font, 1.5 line spacing.
Word Limit: 2000 words (+/- 10%)
Please use APA referencing and cite all published sources of information and ideas. Please take the time to look at the information provided invhttps://owll.massey.ac.nz/referencing/apa-style.php.
For more information on Theories of Consumer Behavior read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_behaviour
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.