1. Choose a natural disaster (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, etc.) discussed in any section of your textbook. Briefly describe the disaster (1 paragraph). Explain how humans predicted the disaster 100 years ago, today, and what are the expectations of future predictions. Discuss precursors, the use of technology, and the ability to determine exact locations or the expected scale of the event.
3. Next, find two different countries that have been affected by the disaster you chose and summarize a specific event of the same type of natural disaster for each of these countries. Then describe the points a-d separately for the event in each country.
a. Discuss the event effects. Why did the event had these effects? Where there any mitigation efforts?
b. Be sure to include if the country never fully recovered, recovered somewhat, or completely recovered. How long did recovery take? Include recovery costs in terms of life, physical possessions, money, etc.
c. What were the government’s mitigation efforts? Where they successful? Why or why not?
d. How can the country reduce its risk of being affected by the disaster?
e. What was the approximate population of the country when those disasters hit the country? What is their current population?
f. What are the impacts the events had on society and in history?
5. For each of the 2 countries answer the following:
a. What is their current population?
b. What other Natural Disasters have commonly impacted these countries (you can include disease).
c. What are the projected population levels for these countries for the future, such as 2050? What are the implications of this for future natural disasters?
6. Compare and contrast how each country was affected/handled the event. Why do you think those similarities and differences came about?
7. You must have citations within the paragraphs
8. Include at least one figure ( Picture, chart..) that helps illustrate your analysis. Include a caption and citation with all figures.
9. Use examples, real data, statistics, etc. to support your answers along with a reference list and citations.
For more information on The Uses of Technology read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.