Please, use 12 font, TIme New Romans, APA, No plagiarism. All questions 1-25 must be answered correctly.
list each question on top and the answer followed under immediately in the order of the questions.:
1. Characterize the roles of each of the parts of the urinary system. (Kidneys, nephrons, ureters, urinary bladder, and urethra)
2. Trace the flow of blood through the kidney and describe how blood is filtered in the kidney nephron.
3. Provide symptoms of kidney failure and describe the normal versus abnormal urine composition. (normal range of pH, osmolarity, and volume)
4. List some of the solutes filtered, secreted, and reabsorbed in different parts of the nephron.
5. Describe the role of a portal system in the kidney.
6. Explain how urine osmolarity is hormonally regulated and describe the regulation of major ions by the kidney.
7. Summarize the role of the kidneys in maintaining acid-base balance.
8. Compare and contrast blood plasma, glomerular filtrate, and urine characteristics.
9. Compare and contrast male and female urethras.
10. Describe the micturition reflex.
11. Describe the external structure of the kidney, including its location, support structures, and covering.
Identify the major internal divisions and structures of the kidney, identify the major blood vessels associated with the kidney.
12.Name structures found in the cortex and medulla, describe the physiological characteristics of these areas and 13.compare and contrast the cortical and juxtamedullary nephrons.
14.Describe voluntary and involuntary neural control of micturition.
15.Discuss the function of the peritubular capillaries and vasa recta.
16.Identify the location of the juxtaglomerular apparatus and describe the cells that line it, and the function of this structure.
17.Describe the histology of the proximal convoluted tubule, loop of Henle, distal convoluted tubule, and collecting ducts
18.Describe glomerular filtration rate (GFR), state the average value of GFR, and explain how clearance rate can be used to measure GFR, predict specific factors that will increase or decrease GFR
19.State the percent of the filtrate that is normally reabsorbed and explain why the process of reabsorption is so important
20.List common symptoms of kidney failure, and discuss the aging kidney and its function.
21.Describe how each of the following functions in the extrinsic control of GFR: renin-angiotensin mechanism, natriuretic peptides, and sympathetic adrenergic activity
22.Describe how each of the following works to regulate reabsorption and secretion, so as to affect urine volume and composition: renin-angiotensin system, aldosterone, antidiuretic hormone, and natriuretic peptides
23.Name and define the roles of other hormones that regulate kidney control, what effect do diuretics have on fluid retention and loss?
24.Explain why the differential permeability or impermeability of specific sections of the nephron tubules is necessary for urine formation
25.Describe the role of the kidneys in vitamin D activation, and the role of the kidneys in regulating erythropoiesis
For more information on The Urinary System read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinary_system
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.