The Relationship Between Psychology And Christianity Assignment
Description: This paper is the capstone project of the course, and it will describe your approach to the relationship between psychology and Christianity. You will classify your approach and note the strengths and limitations of your view as well as reflect on different factors that led to your position.
Purpose: This course has presented several models of the relationship between Christian faith and the discipline of psychology. Your view of the relationship between psychology and the Christian faith will guide your practice of psychology, both professionally and personally. This paper provides an explicit avenue for you to articulate a coherent view of the relationship between psychology and Christianity.
- Papers will be graded on the quality of thinking, defense, organization, clarity, and grammar…not on whether you agree with the instructor’s position.
- Begin with an introductory paragraph that describes the importance of examining the relationship between psychology and Christianity. The last sentence of the introduction must be your thesis statement that guides the rest of your paper.
- Example: Upon consideration of the evidence from various disciplines of study, it seems like the (model chosen) best captures the relationship between psychological science and Christian faith.
- In writing about your position (you will need to classify your approach), be sure to touch on the following (and remember to cite Entwistle and Johnson when you use their ideas):
- What methods of knowing are appropriate for Christians and why (this will actually help you classify your approach);
- A thorough description of the model and how it views the relationship between psychology and Christianity;
- How your model views the two books concept;
- Strengths of the model;
- Limitations of the model (be sure to include critiques offered by those who hold other positions); and
- Remember to use transition statements as you move from one main idea to the next.
- End with a conclusion.
- Avoid using 1st person.
- Instead of saying “I think Christians should embrace psychology,” say “Christians should embrace psychology.”
- Instead of saying “My view corresponds with the Colonialist position,” say “The Colonialist position seems ….”
- The paper text must be 5 pages, excluding references, title page, and abstract.
- Times New Roman, 12 point font, 1” margins.
- Title page
- Abstract on separate page, mentioning the thesis and summary of the paper. To get the maximum points, be sure to clearly mention the thesis and provide a summary of the main ideas and conclusions. Tip: It is often easier to write your abstract at the end of your paper.
- Body (5 pages): See above
- Make sure to use the current APA format.
- Be sure to cite Entwistle, Johnson, and the Bible (but remember that the Bible does not appear in the References section).
Entwistle, D. (2015). Integrative approaches to psychology and Christianity: An introduction to worldview issues, philosophical foundations, and models of integration (3rd Ed.). Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock Publishers. ISBN: 9781498223485.
Johnson, E. (2010). Psychology and Christianity: Five Views (2nd Ed.). Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press. ISBN: 9780830828487.
- You must use Microsoft Word. Get Psychology homework help today