HI I JUST NEED YOU TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS!!
1. The sound (vs. silent) era of film began in what year? _____
2. After seeing The Birth of a Nation this individual had this to say about the film: “It’s like writing history with lightening. My only regret is that it is all so terribly true.” _______ _______ [first & last name]
3. By 1908, in the U.S. there were 8 – 10,000 _______, small movie “theatres” that charged a nickel for admission.
4. As noted in the documentary Birth of a Movement, this Boston-based man led the fight to organize protests against the screening of The Birth of a Nation: ____________ [full name].
5. In 1907 and 1908 these two cities launched the nation’s first film censorship boards. Chicago and _____
6. In _____ [specify year] the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that movie content is NOT covered by the First Amendment.
7. This term refers to text (dialog, characters names, brief descriptions of scenes) that was inserted at various points in silent films to clarify what was happening on the screen: i ________
8. During the P______Era, American documentary films frequently dealt with significant social issues (poverty, crime, etc.) of the day.
9. As vertical integration of the movie industry progressed film distributers engaged in a practice that required theatres to book a predetermined group of films at the same time. This practice was known as: _____ _____.
10. Known as the ___________ [2 words] this was a string of venues in the U.S. that featured African American vaudeville performers.
11. In the summer of 1919 white mobs, concerned about a loss of status with the migration northern migration of Black Americans, murdered hundreds of Black citizens in over two dozen cities across the U.S. This was / is commonly referred to as the _____ Summer.
12. This is the term that was used to refer to northern businessmen who came to the southern U.S. to engage in profiteering during the period of Reconstruction. c_________________.
1. Describe 3 reasons that the movie industry started moving to the west coast (California) around 1908.
2. Describe (not just list) 3 technical innovations in filmmaking that took place between 1910 and 1930.
3. Explain the significance of the title of Griffith’s film, Birth of a Nation. What did he mean to convey by using this title?
4. On what specific grounds did some critics find fault with the pioneering documentary film, Nanook of the North?
5. Describe 3 distinct stereotypes (dehumanizing caricatures) about African Americans that early 20th century films reinforced. AND: In each case, cite a specific film scene in which each of the stereotypes is depicted.
6. Both Hattie McDaniel and Steppin Fetchit achieved financial success in Hollywood, yet they were heavily criticized by the NAACP and other Black civil rights advocates. Why? Provide detailed examples to support your explanation.
For more information on The Movie Industry read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_industry
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.