The main goal of this assignment is to acquaint students with the
The main goal of this assignment is to acquaint students with the critical knowledge of human development from conception through early childhood, middle years and adolescence. The emphasis is placed on the development aspects that teachers need to know in order to meet the needs of their learners. The main theme (topic) of your project is entirely up to you. Choose a topic you have an interest in. Your project involves interviewing (and maybe spending some time) with one person from each of the three (3) of the school aged developmental domains ( Early Childhood ages 4-6, Middle to Late Childhood ages 7-12, and Adolescence ages 13-19) and documenting findings from your experience. Your paper should be 8-10 pages long (APA 6th edition) and must relate each person to a developmental theory in the textbook.
You should keep the following points in mind when conducting interviews:
What stage or development are they experiencing?
When producing your report, you might consider the following:
Compare how the participants are similar/different.
What is this person’s view on the past? The future?
How is this person’s development influenced by their socio-cultural environment?
Your report should address the following:
1. Who did you interview (no real names are to be used)? Include their ages.
2. How did you interview them? Who first? Where did you conduct your interview?
3. What was your main goal/research question? What did you find out?
4. How were the age groups similar/dissimilar pertaining to your goal/research question?
5. What difficulties did you have conducting your project? If you did this assignment over again would you do it differently?
6. What two or three important things did you learn from the experience?