The Holistic NURSING Patient Assessment Assignment
1. Choose an adult (over the age of 18) friend or relative and perform a holistic health assessment. Clearly document your holistic health assessment data
Your assessment should include the following parts:
- Health History
- Physiological Assessment
- Psychological Assessment
- Social Assessment
- Cultural Assessment
- Developmental Assessment
- Spiritual Assessment
2. Interpret the findings in your holistic health assessment data according to pathophysiologic disease states.
- Choose one physiologic abnormality and discuss possible pathophysiologic reasons for the abnormality.
- Look at the abnormality on a holistic basis.
- How does this abnormality impact the other areas of the patient’s life, especially those areas discussed in this course?
- Discuss the client’s stress and coping mechanisms.
- Are they healthy?
- What improvements could be made?
3. Create a teaching plan that addresses the client holistically by applying the assessment data you have analyzed.
- Describe at least one client goal for each of the categories (physical, psychological, social, cultural, developmental, and spiritual).
- How will you teach the client about the goal?
- How will you evaluate your teaching?
4. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation for your patient teaching.
- You should have at least six slides (one for each type of goal – physical, psychological, social, cultural, developmental, and spiritual), in addition to the title slide, objective slide, and references slide.
- Please be sure to have at least one scholarly source in the PPT. Get Health and Medical Help Today