Policy Advocacy Project – Part B: Report
Directions: Arrange a meeting and speak with the elected official or staff member that you identified in the Policy Advocacy Project: Proposal to advocate for the legislation you selected.
Make sure to complete all the requirements specified in this assignment and the assignment rubric.
Part I: The Meeting
• Meet with the elected official or staff member to discuss the legislation by phone
• Do not mention that you are a student or that you have arranged this visit as part of a course requirement.
Part II: The Report
Write a report of your visit and include all of the items listed below. The report should be written in an academic manner that uses standard grammar, punctuation, and spelling. However, APA format is NOT required, nor a reference list.
1. Include the exact name of the elected official or staff member whose office you visited and the person with whom you spoke.
2. Indicate whether the elected official or staff member was familiar with the legislation.
3. Describe how you conveyed your issue in the meeting. Summarize the topic and how you presented the topic, including what facts or supporting information that you provided. Once you lay out the issue, you should ask for the legislator’s support.
4. Summarize the elected official’s or staff member‘s response to the your request; namely, will the legislator provide the requested support or not? If not, why not? If the individual can support your position, you should elaborate why he or she was so enthusiastic about showing support (so that we might convey that enthusiasm to other less enlightened legislators).
5. Describe how the meeting ended. Was there additional information that you needed to send the elected official or staff member?
6. Summarize the elected official’s or staff member’s demeanor. Was he or she cordial, merely civil, barely engaged, etc.? In other words, despite your anxiety about the meeting (which is common for most nurses), did the individual seem agreeable to having the discussion?
For example, did he or she:
• Seem interested in the topic?
• Ask good questions?
• Seem candid about their position or remain noncommittal?
• Seem pleasant, easy to talk to versus merely civil versus confrontational?
• Relate any experiences that contributed to his or her understanding about the topic (e.g., has a family member in one of the health professions or some other relevant personal experience). If so, did these experiences help the individual to support your request or did it have the opposite effect?
For more information on The Health Professions read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_professional
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.