Individual Final Project: The 2008 Crisis
Situation: The financial crisis of 2008 was notoriously one of the worse recessions we have had since the Great Depression of 1929, you are to research this crisis and answer the following questions in a detailed response.
• 1. What caused the financial crisis in the first place and what steps led to this dramatic result? (A minimum of 5 steps/indicators must be described for full credit). (Hint: Government Acts that were amended or added, False Ratings, ARM, NINJA loans, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)
1b. Describe the concept of the CDO and derivative.
• 2. What happened to the banking sector of our economy and what major banks were involved in the crisis in danger of default? Explain multiple banks and WHY they had financial trouble. (Minimum 3 separate bank and their financial troubles must be described in detail for full credit.)
• 3. As a result of the financial crisis after 2008, was it simpler or more difficult to get a loan and WHY (Hint: What were the new restrictions to get a loan)? How does equity work under normal economic circumstances? How was equity affected as a result of the crisis? What did this do to home valuations?
• 4. What happened to Lehman Brothers and what was the result? (Describe in detail at minimum 5 events that happened to Lehman Brothers at the time or prior to the crash for full credit)
5. What happened to interest rates post crisis and describe the concept of subprime lending. Why were banks giving ARM mortgages and not fixed rate?
• Length is to be 4-6 (6 pages MAXIMUM or points will be taken off! ) pages in length with an MLA citation Bibliography of at minimum 4 sources with parenthetical citations. 12pt font Times New Roman ONLY 1 inch margins double spaced with a cover page. (Any essays under 4 pages OR over 5 pages will automatically lose points)
• Wikipedia is not a source!
• You must have a header and footer with page numbers indicated
• Paper must be clean with staple in upper left corner or cover folder
• If you give me 3 ¾ pages you will receive a letter grade drop as the requirement is between 4 and 6 pages no exceptions.
You will be graded in the following rubric:
Content 60 points each section (bullet) totaling 12 points since there are 5 to equal 60 points
Total 60 Points
Followed Directions: All header and footers present, page requirement reached cover page etc 5 points
Grammar: 10 points
Streamline and Cohesiveness: 10 points All questions must be answered in order and numbered
Sources/MLA format: 15 Points (Sources are 8 points, MLA Format is 4 points, and parenthetical citations are 3 points for a total of 15 points for this section.)
Total Grade: 100 points
For more information on The Financial Crisis of 2008 read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007%E2%80%932008#
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.