The Effects of Population Growth Assignment
Imagine you have been hired as a consultant for the United Nations. You have been asked to write an analysis on how global population growth has caused the following problem and how it affects a developing country of your choosing:
A growing global population that consumes natural resources is partially to blame for the release of greenhouse gases since human consumption patterns lead to deforestation, soil erosion, and farming (overturned dirt releases CO2). However, the critical issue is the burning of fossil fuels (hydrocarbons) such as coal oil and natural gas to produce energy that is used for things like electricity production, and vehicle, heating, and cooking fuels.
The UN has also given you the following guidelines.
The UN has asked that your paper contain three sections. It has asked that each section be one page (or approximately 300 words) in length and answer specific questions, identified in the outline below. It also asks that you use examples from your developing country when answering the questions.
Provide an introduction of half a page minimum that addresses points a-e below.
- Explains the problem the UN has asked you to address in your own words;
- Identifies the three sections your paper will cover;
- Identifies the developing country you will consider;
- Tells the UN which causes of greenhouse gases you will explore; and
- Provides a one-sentence statement of your solutions at the end of your introduction paragraph.
Section I. Background
- What are greenhouse gases?
- How do greenhouse gases contribute to global warming?
Section II. How Emissions Causes Problems for the Developing World
- Which countries produce the most greenhouse gases?
- What are the economic challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
- What are the security challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
- What are the political challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
Section III. Causes and Solutions of Greenhouse Gases
- What are the two causes of greenhouse gases?
- What are the potential solutions to address each of the causes you identified?
- What is the relationship between population control and greenhouse gases?
- Provide a conclusion of half a page minimum that includes a summary of your findings that the United Nations can use to inform future policy decisions.
- In answering each question, use examples from your developing country to illustrate your points.
- The UN needs facts and objective analysis on which to base future policy decisions; avoid personal opinion and make sure your answers are based on the information you find through research. Get Social Science Help Today