From Week 3 to Week 10
Week 6, 2/8 Still Hear the Wound
Film Still Hear the Wound DVD (2015) [reserves] CW
Times: 1:52:00 to the end
Readings “You Don’t Want to Know About the Girls?,” Tessa Morris Suzuki (2015)
“Her Narration and Body: On Soni Kum’s Film Work,” Ikeuchi Yasuko
In your discussions, I would like you to:
1. Respond to the question posed at the end of Tuesday’s lecture
2. Ask at least one question that you have about the topics or ideas addressed in the lecture, a
a scene from the film, or the reading
3. Respond to at least one question in the discussion.
Credit will only be applied to those who have fulfilled these three requirements.
As we are learning asynchronously, your participation grade will be calculated based on your weekly group discussion posts for weeks 3 through 9. Group discussion posts should be short, informal responses to the questions I pose in Tuesdays’ lectures. They are due on Thursday each week by 9 PM and cannot be made up for credit.
Lecture Link(WATCH IT PLEASE!!!):
Discussion Question (Pick One) (Discussion Questions are also in the ‘lecture slides’ file, kindly check it out if confuses due to my possible typos below):
1. After watching Kum Soni’s description of her performances, consider the links that she makes between living and dying. How does her performance art help create these links?
2. The topic of historical narrative and the impossibility for history to represent collective memory is central to both Tessa Morris-Suzuki’s article and Ikeuchi Yasuko’s analysis of Kum Soni’s work. What, if anything, do you think can be done to make up for historical injustices?
3. Although accounts of the comfort women system were available in memoirs, fiction, and other materials before the 80s and 90s (for example, uman ribu activists raised the issue), public discourse about comfort women did not really occur until the 1990s. Who and what might be responsible for this silence?
Discussion Post from A Peer: For more information on Tessa Morris-Suzuki check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessa_Morris-Suzuki
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.