1. Choose at least one of the following films / television programs to watch in its entirety (the whole thing):
The Vote (PBS 2-Part Film)
2. Read the relevant chapter or chapters in the Foner textbook that cover the subject / time period in the film you have chosen.
While you are reading take notice of how many examples given are of men and how many are of women. When women are mentioned, are they mentioned by name? How many details are given?
3. Compare how the subject is covered in the film and textbook.
4. Review the additional material on the same subject that is included in the course packs and class assignments. You may also want to do your own research on the subject you have chosen.
As you research the individual sub-topics that are included think about these questions: Who are the women that are mentioned in the textbook chapter? What more can you find out about them? What sections of the chapter do not mention any women? Who are the women who are being ignored? For example, in chapter 17 Foner describes the Anti-Imperialist League and gives a list of prominent members – all men. This description gives the impression that the league was an all-male organization, but the league included many women, including a women’s auxiliary.
5. Write a critical essay analyzing how the topic is portrayed in the textbook (good, bad, indifferent, etc.) Identify strengths, and make suggestions for improvement – things to add, things to subtract, things to rephrase, etc. Rewrite relevant sections of the textbook as needed.
Describe what examples you would replace or simply add new examples to various sections of the chapter highlighting the contributions of women.
You may also describe how you might expand existing examples of women by adding more details.
Chapter sections might be re-organized, instead of including women as the last example, they could be moved to the first example.
Wording might be changed, instead of a sentence that reads “women also participated” you might write “men and women participated.”
For more information on Television Programs read this: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_program
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.