Telemedicine in Underserved Populations: The scholarly paper should be a clinical paper that demonstrates the knowledge synthesized from the MSN program. The topic must reflect a graduate-level of nursing knowledge using literature reviews and research critiques as a basis.
B. The format of the paper will follow the journal guidelines to which the paper will be submitted.
C. General guidelines for paper format:
3. Introduction. 4. Topic/Issue.
a. A thorough review of current literature.
b. Thorough synthesis of recent research.
c. Citations should be not more than five years old except for the seminal works.
a. Professional issues involved.
b. Strategies to address the issues.
** These guidelines may be modified with the consent of the Faculty Director, according to the format of the journal selected or the particular topic being addressed.
** Page limit should be approximately 15 to 25 pages, not including appendices, references, and title page. Although many journals may limit the submission to 12 to 15 pages, this may not be sufficient to meet the requirements for passing the comprehensive exam.
EVALUATION USING THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
1. Format – margins, spacing, abbreviations, pagination, footnotes, quotations, and other details
should be consistent with APA (latest edition) or the format of the journal to which the student
chooses to submit. References are appropriate and written correctly.
2. Grammar – appropriate professional terminology, complete sentence structure, congruent verb
tenses, proper punctuation, correct spelling, and clarity.
3. Idea Development – the degree of discussion devoted to the specific sections of the paper is
appropriate (i.e., introduction, topic/issue, discussion, conclusion.).
4. Organization – the paper is organized so that it flows logically from the introduction to the
summary. Headings and subheadings are included throughout the paper; the internal
Grades for the Comprehensive Exam Paper.
Comprehensive exams will be graded by the Comprehensive Examination Faculty Director as follows:
1. Pass: The student has met requirements for the Comprehensive Examination paper.
2. Fail: In cases where the Comprehensive Examination Faculty Director evaluates the paper as
not passing, two other faculty members will independently evaluate the paper. The three evaluators will then determine a consensus regarding the outcome of the Comprehensive Examination. The Comprehensive Examination Faculty Director also has the option of bringing the paper to the Master’s/DNP Committee for evaluation. The student may attempt to pass the comprehensive exam two times before a recommendation is made to the Master’s/DNP Committee on the student progression.
organization of the paper must be consistent with sections as listed. 5. Appearance – double spaced, typed, and neat.
1. Journal Articles – students may be asked to provide a copy of each journal article cited in the
paper. These copies will not be returned to the student.
2. Diversity of Resources – a variety of pertinent nursing, psychiatric, allied health, and other
literature must be included. Personal interviews must be noted as to the qualifications of the person(s) interviewed and must be appropriate and experts on the topics. Interviewees and/or references must be recognized by faculty as acceptable.
3. Internet References – Internet references should be kept to a minimum within the paper and come from a scholarly, peer-reviewed, reputable cite (i.e., CDC, NIH, etc.). Personal web pages and product cites (i.e., Lilly, Cook Care, Medscape, WebMD, etc.) are not allowed.
4. Current – no literature over five years old is used unless it is a “classic,” i.e., original work upon which other concepts, theories, etc. are based (i.e., Selye’s Stress of Life).
5. Adequacy – a minimum of 20 references are recommended for the comprehensive exam.
1. Title – clear, concise, and descriptive; clearly delineates the intent of the paper.
2. An abstract – specific, representative of the manuscript, and in the correct format.
3. Introduction – defines specific topics precisely enough to allow in-depth coverage, explains
the rationale for selecting the topic (including its applicability to advanced practice), and delineates
subject areas to be discussed in the paper. 4. Topic/Issue.
a. Citations should be less than five years old, except when citing classics or historical information. Objectively provides precise information pertinent to the subject area under discussion. A literary review provides background information necessary to understand the problem under discussion. The review includes enough data and discusses a full and sufficient variety of view-points to validate the conclusion. Nursing and related literature must be included and are current and timely. Tables and figures complement the text.
b. Inclusion and discussion of relevant research as it pertains to the topic. The student is expected to place an emphasis on articles that report on evidence-based practice. The synthesis and interpretation of the research is accurate.
a. Presents a clear, concise analysis of the problem as it relates to advanced practice by
synthesizing clinical experiences, personal experiences, didactic content, etc.
b. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the topic under discussion by realistically identifying implications for action related to the client, self, nursing, and other professionals. Identifies strategies for change, professional issues involved, and strategies to address the
6. Summary/Conclusion – presents a concise and accurate condensation of relevant elements from
both resource data and discussion segments of the paper. Itemized major suggestions, changes,
and recommendations from the rationale for the paper and as inferred by the body of the paper. D. Originality.
The information is fresh, new, timely, and useful to the reader. The student presents the material in a creative and useful manner.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.