Special Education Regulations in Virginia Assignment
February 18th, 2020
The following documents are publications from the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) and are linked on the VDOE’s special education web pages.
Take the time to open each to familiarize yourself with the content.
- Regulations Governing Special Education Programs for Children with Disabilities in Virginia
- Parent’s Guide to Special Education (also available in Spanish on VDOE website)
- Students with Disabilities: Guidelines for Assessment Participation [under revision–choose another document if not available during module]
- The discipline of Students with Disabilities
- Guidelines to the Development of Policies and Procedures for Managing Student Behaviors in Emergency Situations in Virginia Schools
- Parents’ Guide to Special Education Dispute Resolution
- Your Family’s Special Education Rights: Virginia’s Procedural Safeguards Notice (English version) (available in seven other languages on VDOE website)
- Evaluation and Eligibility for Special Education and Related Services: Guidance Document. Get Social Science help today