This is a critical response essay.
Here is the article link: https://theweek.com/articles/678814/dont-smartphone–dont-want
· 1 ½-2 (full) pages on the assigned readings
· MLA OR APA format
· MLA OR APA in-text citation (direct quotation, paraphrase, and summary)
· MLA or APA works cited page
· Formal tone and conventions of academic language
· At least three developed paragraphs:
o Paragraph # 1: Introduction
§ Introduce the author(s) and tile of the reading
§ Write a clear, concise summary of the author’s thesis, position, and major points (cite appropriately and correctly)
§ Discuss the purpose of the author, techniques of persuasion, and modes of analysis used in the text
o Paragraph # 2: One developed, argumentative paragraph
§ Analyze the reading by using the questions on the next page:
§ Apply elements of an argumentative paragraph:
· Argumentative topic sentence: what is the main point of this paragraph? What element do you intent to analyze in the paragraph?
· Context: elaborate on your topic sentence in more depth and include relevant logical reasoning and other supporting details
· Evidence: Include at least two cited evidence from the reading ONLY to support your claim in the topic sentence.
· Analysis: analyze the evidence by explaining what the evidence means and how and why it is relevant to the topic sentence; use Index of template handout for guidance
· Concluding sentence: conclude the paragraph by summarizing the major point(s) of the paragraph/ draw a conclusion
o Paragraph # 3: Conclusion:
· Make connections with the reading (Refer to CR PPT for details)
· How do I analyze the reading?! Address at least one of the following questions:
o What is the thesis or overall theory/ argument?
o What are the supporting points that create the argument? How do they relate to each other? How do they relate to the thesis?
o What are the examples used as evidence for the supporting points? How do they relate to the points they support? To each other? To the thesis?
o What techniques of persuasion are used (appeals to emotion, reason, authority)?
o What modes of analysis are used (illustration, comparison/ contrast, cause and effect, process analysis, classification, definition)?
o What type of reasoning (historical, psychological, political, philosophical, scientific, etc) are employed?
o Does the evidence and reasoning adequately support the thesis and main argument?
o Are the sources and evidence reliable?
o What are the strengths and weaknesses of the text?
o Does the author argue and responds to the major objection fairly and logically?
o Does the audience convince the audience?
For more information on Social Media read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.