The questions must be answered in APA format with a 100 word minimum and using the uploaded book. Please cite each answer.
The reference is:
Daempfle, P. (2016). Essential biology: An applied approach. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
1. List 3 ways a person can best become biologically literate.
2. According to the characteristics of life discussed in the course, a rock is not considered life. Choose one characteristic of life to defend why a rock is not life.
3. Name two kingdoms described in the six-kingdom system of taxonomy. Describe two differences between the two kingdoms. How are the two kingdoms the same?
4. Compare how ionic, covalent and polar covalent bonds differ from each other. Be sure to include the following terms in your comparison: electronegativity, polarity and stability?
5. For question #4 above, give an example of a compound formed by each of the bonds described and explain how it formed. Make sure to include the electron arrangement around the atoms.
6. ATP plays a major role in life’s processes. Describe how the activities of the single celled Amoeba are dependent upon ATP.
7. Why is carbon the backbone of life? Describe the characteristics of carbon that make it our unique building block.
8. Define the following terms: passive transport, active transport and receptor-mediated endocytosis. List one way each of the terms differs from the others.
9. ATP plays a major role in life’s processes. Explain how the sodium-potassium pump plays a role in secondary active transport.
10. Explain what is involved with the fluid mosaic model of the cell. In addition, specify which macromolecules are involved and describe the role(s) associated with them.
11. A battle between an amoeba and a single-celled protist, chilomonas ensues. The amoeba wins, but the large piece of chilomonas is too big to pass through the plasma membrane of the amoeba to eat. Describe the process by which the amoeba absorbs and digests the chilomonas.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.