Shell international | Management homework help
Royal Dutch Shell p.l.c. is one of the six “supermajor” oil and gas companies. Shell is unique for its organizational structure and its global presence. It was characterized as one of the world’s three most international organizations. Shell’s organizational structure is very complex. It is comprised of four types of companies: the parent companies, the group holding companies, the service companies, and the operating companies. Shell created a tri-dimensional matrix structure known as the Shell Matrix, which had functions, regions, and sectors. In 1995, a radical reorganization of Shell was announced. The new structure represented the move from a geographically-based company to a business sector-based firm. The restructuring also included the elimination of more than 1,000 corporate positions, the sale of a vast majority of its headquarters, and the redesign of its coordination and control systems.
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of the Shell Matrix?
- Why do you think Shell has undergone so many organizational restructurings?
- How would you decide what would be Shell’s best organizational structure?
Requirements of the assignment –
- All papers must use a minimum of 3 sources.
- All papers must follow all APA requirements. (10% deduction if not)
- Two Page Minimum and Maximum.
- Title page and reference pages are required. However, they do not count towards any page count.
- Writing should reflect an understanding of the chapter’s basic concepts, thorough research, and logic and critical thinking skills.
- The introduction is attention getting with sufficient background information to establish the topic and a clear thesis statement.
- The conclusion summarizes the main points and leaves the reader with a strong comprehension of the paper’s significance and the author’s understanding.
- Grammatically correct – No spelling, grammar, or mechanics errors.