Each student will research and write a biographical essay (of at least 1000 words) that examines the life and music of a
composer introduced in the textbook (or selected by the instructor). Each student will be assigned a composer in
the weeks to come.
The purpose of this assignment is to develop the skills necessary to analyze, synthesize, and critically assess research
materials. A series of biographical questions will be provided for each student to address during the course of their
The essays must be double-spaced and use Times New Roman, 12 Point Font.
Students are required to include an annotated bibliography with a minimum of six (6) sources cited (two books, two
journals, and two web links). Both MLA and APA styles are acceptable. Please note, Wikipedia is not considered a
reliable academic source and will not be accepted. In addition, papers missing in-text citations will not be accepted.
A rubric will be used to assess the project (See Attachment)
Check the calendar for due dates.
Students are required to listen to one complete work composed by the research subject and respond to question(s)
about the musician’s music.
Students are required to submit this writing assignment to Tutor.com. In addition, each student will be required to turn
in the Tutor’s comments with the final draft of the assignment as proof that he/she made use of the service. The final
version must also be submitted using Blackboard’s SafeAssign tool.
Below are eleven (11) biographical questions for each student to address during the course of their research.
1. When and where was the musician born?
2. What are the names of the musician’s parents, their occupations and any additional facts regarding their
role in developing the musician’s musical talent?
3. What are the facts regarding the musician’s general education and musical training?
4. What instrument, or instruments, (include voice) did the musician play?
5. Based on the range of years of the musician’s life and work, to what traditional period of music history
does he (or she) belong?
6. What influences (i.e., family members, teachers, or established musicians of the day) helped to shape the
musician’s musical work?
7. What kind(s) of music (e.g., chant, opera, oratorio, art song, symphony, etc.) did the musician create over
the span of his (or her) career?
8. After listening to one of the musician’s compositions, how would you characterize the music? Include the
title of the piece of music that you are discussing and the details that illustrate the musical elements
present in the piece (i.e., melody, harmony, rhythm).
9. What is the most significant contribution that the musician has made to the history of music?
10. When did the musician expire? Give specific details regarding the circumstances of the musician’s death?
11. Recount one anecdotal story about the musician’s life or work that you discovered during your research?
For more information on Series of Biographical Questions read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biographical_research
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.