Science in the Media
There is nothing like reading a good book or watching a great movie for a little escapism and entertainment. With all of the television channels available and easy access to the internet, you can watch just about anything you want at any time. Earlier in the course you discussed the science involved with technology, but in this Assignment, you will turn the tables and delve into how the media portrays science.
How does a pop culture portrayal of science and scientists impact the average person’s view of what science is and how research is conducted? Can what is presented by the media affect how the general public views a particular research field? What might the long-term impacts of such a depiction be? These are just a few questions that you will reflect upon in this Assignment.
For the Unit 9 Assignment, you will complete an APA style reflective essay to address the following questions:
1. When you hear the word “scientist” what do you envision?
a. Discuss at least three characteristics of your vision of a scientist.
b. Which famous people or characters from the media come into your mind?
c. What characteristics do they have in common?
2. Has your image of what a scientist does and how they look changed over time? If so, how has this changed and what influenced you? If your vision of a scientist has not changed, why do you think that is the case?
3. Are fictional scientists usually portrayed as heroes, villains, or a combination of the two? Provide at least two detailed examples from fictional media to support your position.
4. How is science portrayed in fictional media (i.e., television shows, movies, music, books, etc.)? Is it seen as a positive, negative, or neutral force in the world? Give specific examples from fictional media supporting your position.
5. Do you think the portrayal of scientists in the various forms of media influences how society views people in this profession? Why, or why not? Discuss and include references to support your position.
6. Can the portrayal of science in media influence how certain research and technology is viewed and accepted by the general public (e.g., cloning)?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.