Online Scavenger Hunt for Success
The Basics (each question worth 5 points) 20 pts total
1. From the first section in the book what are 5 environmental concerns you will learn about in this class? A question worth 5 points.
2. Every field is impacted by the environment, be it being the source of a product, source of a service, a concern to meet an environmental regulation…. How do you feel learning about the environment will impact your future career? (minimum of 50 words; question worth 5 points)
3. Everything is made from chemicals. In blogs or news articles, you might hear about chemicals being a concern, but this is too vague. For example, you can say water is a problem because it is a chemical, but this is still not saying why. Find an example of a chemical you want to learn about. A question worth 5 points
a. What is this chemical made from?
b. How can it be helpful?
c. What it is likely to pollute (air, water, or land)?
d. How can the problem be lessened?
e. Provide a full reference for the authoritative source you used to answer this question
4. Ozone is a complex chemical. In the1980’s a big concern was the hole in the ozone. What is the current status of the ozone hole? Now, you might hear more about ozone warning while driving. What causes this and why is it is a problem? What references did you use to answer this question? (minimum of 50 words; question worth 5 points)
Completing Research (5 points each- 3 for correct example, 2 for reason) 20 pts total
In science, a research paper needs to have authoritative sources and all facts need to be cited. This does not mean you want to have lots of quotes, but instead paraphrase your material and cite the source
Many times if it is tempting to use popular media as a source. However, this means it could be biased.
Go to: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/
1. Find one source that could be considered Left biased and explain why (minimum of 20 words; question worth 5 points).
2. Find one source that could be considered right biased and explain why (minimum of 20 words; question worth 5 points).
3. Find a source that is considered conspiracy-pseudoscience and explain why with an example of pseudoscience (minimum of 20 words; question worth 5 points).
4. Find a pro-science source that might be ok for a research paper to get more current information than a peer-reviewed source. (minimum of 20 words; question worth 5 points)
Citing and referencing help (each topic 10 pts) 30pts total
Using the library, find 3 separate articles to help you write about 3 of the following topics below (remember to choose 3 topics, not just 1). Please pick 3 topics from this list: endangered species, environmental toxin, farming, sustainable building materials, or water pollution to answering the following questions:
1. Why would you use this article? (3 pts)
2. Create a full reference for this source (2 pts)
3. Paraphrase a fact from this source and insert an in-text citation (2.5pts)
4. Find a quote Create an intext citation (2.5pts) For more information on Scavenger Hunt check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scavenger_Hunt
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.