Running for the texas state senate. slo asssignment
For all Assessments, the following general requirements hold:
(1) Assignments should be 2-3 double-spaced pages, with reasonable (12 pt.) font and reasonable (1 inch) margins.
(2) Citations to material are required; in-text citations are preferred (MLA style).
(3) Assignments should be turned into eCampus (for collection of artifacts for scoring).
(1) How much does it cost to run for office in Texas?
b. How will you raise money? (read this handy info from the Texas Democratic Party before you violate any campaign finance laws: )
c. What interest groups will support/oppose you? Go to /TX/#.WXjT4ojyuUk and identify two (2) interest groups that you think will support your campaign, and two (2) who will oppose your campaign. Explain why, referring to your platform.
(2) What’s your SLOGAN?
(3) Design a campaign sign.
(4) Which newspaper, official, celebrity endorsements will you seek? Why?
(5) How do you get out the vote? Given your issue stands, what voter groups do you need to target? What is (refer back to the district analyses documents on your current legislator’s homepage).