Retrieving data from multiple tables week 5 cis 336
First, make sure to make any necessary revisions to your logical model based on Task 1 feedback. Using MySQL, write the statements to develop a physical model of your database by creating the tables and constraints based on your Task 1 logical model. Be sure to use your ERD and data dictionary and create all constraints appropriately.
Once your tables are created, you will populate them with data using MySQL statements to insert records into the database. You should insert a minimum of five records into each table and more where necessary to ensure that the data in the database is sufficient to allow for each of your reports to be tested.
The result will be a script file that includes statements to
- DROP all tables;
- CREATE all tables with constraints;
- INSERT data into all tables; and
- SELECT data from all tables to show the data in each table.
Name this file yourname_task2.txt.
Also create a Word document that shows the structure of each table and the data in each of your tables (copy and paste from MySQL). Name this file yourname_tables.docx.
Note that your deliverables each week include any revisions to a previous task.
Submit your Task 2 deliverable as a zip file including the following.
- Task 0 proposal (with any revisions)
- Your Task 1 ERD (with any revisions)
- Your Task 1 DD (with any revisions)
- Your Task 2 script file to create and populate tables (yourname_task2.txt)
- A Word document showing all tables and data (yourname_tables.docx)