As a healthcare administrator/manager, you will be accountable to many people, including employees, patients and their families, the executive board, and the agencies that monitor the organization’s behavior. There may be times when your obligations conflict with each other. What is the best way to approach these conflicts? How can you be sure that you are serving the needs of both the patients and the organizations for which you work while exhibiting professionalism and moral courage?
For this Assignment, you will reflect on your responsibilities as a healthcare administrator and examine the importance of moral courage in performing well in that role.
Write a 4 page (not including title and reference pages) paper surrounding the topic of moral courage and why it is important for a healthcare administrator to uphold.
Please use at least 4 cites!
Your paper should include a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page, per 7th edition of the APA Publication Manual. Use of headers to direct reader attention is encouraged. Review the rubric for additional grading details.
Use the following prompts as a guide:
• Describe and define moral courage.
• Discuss the importance of an administrator to exhibit moral courage, even in the face of adversity.
• Explain how ethical decision-making can be improved in healthcare
• Review the following video where Alex Wubbels, a registered nurse at the University of Utah Hospital, is arrested for following the hospital’s policy (you must cite information taken from the video).
o How did RN Wubbels display moral courage?
o How can administrators in leadership positions ensure that other employees feel comfortable to display moral courage?
Other helpful readings for this unit:
• American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). (n.d.). Ethics self-assessment. https://www.ache.org/about-ache/our-story/our-commitments/ethics/ethics-self-assessment
• ACHE. (2005). Ethics toolkit. https://www.ache.org/about-ache/our-story/our-commitments/ethics/ache-code-of-ethics/creating-an-ethical-culture-within-the-healthcare-organization/ethics-toolkit
• ACHE. (2011). Commitment to ethics. https://www.ache.org/about-ache/our-story/our-commitments/ethics
• Ethics Research Center. (2009). The PLUS Ethical Decision Making Model. https://www.ethics.org/resources/free-toolkit/decision-making-model/
• Harvard Kennedy School: Communications Program. (2012). How to write an op-ed or column. https://shorensteincenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/HO_NEW_HOW-TO-WRITE-AN-OPED-OR-COLUMN.pdf
• Macklin, R. (2015). Can one do good medical ethics without principles? Journal of medical ethics, 41(1), 75-78. https://jme.bmj.com/content/medethics/41/1/75.full.pdf
• National Center for Healthcare Leadership. (2018). National Center for Healthcare Leadership Competency Model 3.0. https://www.nchl.org/page?page=272
• Nelson, W. A., Taylor, E., & Walsh, T. (2014). Building an ethical organizational culture. Healthcare Manager, 33(2), 158–164.
• Young, M., & Wagner, A. (2018). Medical ethics. In StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK535361/
For more information on Responsibilities of a Healthcare Administrator read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_administration
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.