In your exploration of readings this module, you will find articles of interest that focus on two of the most deadly areas of disease in the U.S.: cardiovascular diseases and respiratory diseases respiratory disease
.You should spend approximately 10 hours on this assignment. Instructions
1. From the list of selected readings below, choose two with topics that you know the least about or are most interesting to you.
2. Then search for, read, and incorporate other readings of your choice in your area of interest that focus on cardiovascular diseases and/or respiratory diseases. You might include:
-1-2 journal articles or websites
-Book chapters (past textbooks may be good options)
-Your goal is to have a total of at least 60 pages of content read.
3. Your summary of each reading should be at least one paragraph (100-200 words) and include the following information:
-All references must be cited using APA Style format.
-Number of pages read
-Keywords you used to find the reading
-A link to the reading
-Why you selected the reading
-Main point of the reading
-Describe how the health deviations you read about alter normal physiology.
-Provide your key takeaway from the reading. This could be something that made you pause, changed your thinking, supported your thinking, or made you question something.
4. In your post for Module 2, post how your thinking has been supported or how it has changed since the last module in regards to finding reliable and valid content.
5. In this same post, include an example of a medical website or resource that you think is reliable and valid. Be sure to explain why you feel it is reliable and why you think it is valid. If your peers have already posted, be sure to post a different resource or site different from that of your peers. You can build on the list of places you look to for information!
Selected Readings (choose 2) (Login id: S02376483)
Choose two readings. All readings are available through the CCCOnline Library in CINAHL Plus With Full Text.
1. Caceres, B.A., Brody, A., Luscombe, R.E., Primiano, J.E., Marusca, P., Sitts, E.M., Chyun, D. (2017). A Systematic Review of Cardiovascular Disease in Sexual Minorities. American Journal of Public Health, 107(4): e13-e21. DOI: 10.2105/AJPH.2016.303630
2. Ding, S., Huang, H., Xu, Y., Zhu, H., & Zhong, C. (2017). MiR-222 in cardiovascular diseases: Physiology and pathology. Biomed Research International, 1-6. doi:10.1155/2017/4962426
3. Garcia, M.C., Bastian, B., Rossen, L.M., Anderson, R., Minino, A., Yoon, P.W., Faul, M., Massetti, G., Thomas, C.C., Hong, Y, Iademarco, M.F. (2016). Potentially Preventable Deaths Among the Five Leading Causes of Death – the United States, 2010 and 2014. MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report, 65(45): 1245-1255. DOI: 10.15585/mmwr.mm6545a1
4. Lin, Y., Ng, K., Exadaktylos, A. K., Ryan, J. M., Wu, H. (2017). Shock, cardiac arrest, and resuscitation. Biomed Research International (2017)1-2. doi:10.1155/2017/5743702
5. Maron, B. J., Levine, B. D., Washington, R. L., Baggish, A. L., Kovacs, R. J., & Maron, M. S. (2015). Eligibility and disqualification recommendations for competitive athletes with cardiovascular abnormalities: Taskforce 2: Pre-participation screening for cardiovascular disease in competitive athletes: A scientific statement from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology. Circulation, 132(22): e267-e272. doi:10.1161/CIR.000000000000023
6. Peterken, C. (2014). Smoking and respiratory disease: The role of the community nurse. Journal of Community Nursing, 28(4), 72-77.
7. Porcel, J. M., Statophoulos, G., & Lee, Y. C. G. (2015). Advances and controversies in pleural diseases. Journal of Thoracic Disease, 7(6), 961-963. doi:10.3978/j.issn.2072-1439.2015.04.29
8. Ratto Guimarães, M. V., & Rangel Teixeira, E. (2015). Family care for infants with respiratory diseases: An exploratory descriptive study. Online Brazilian Journal of Nursing, 14(3), 1-8.
9. Silver, P.C., Kollef, M.H., Clinkscale, D., Watts, P., Kidder, R., Eads, B., Bennett, D., Lora, C., Quartaro, M. (2017). A Respiratory Therapist Disease Management Program for Subjects Hospitalized with COPD. Respiratory Care, 62(1), 1-9. DOI: 10.4187/respcare.05030
10. Tickner, A., & Jensen, J. (2016). TCCs & DAMA in obese patients with lymphedema. Podiatry Management, 35(9), 77-82.
***” For each article, cite it in the word document in APA format, indicate how many pages you read, then write a paragraph or two summarizing the article and what you learned from it. Then cite the next article, pages, summarize it (basically repeat the steps)”****. For more information on Respiratory Disease check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respiratory_disease
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.