Discussion Board Topic: Religious Counseling Meta-Analysis
Preliminary Reading: McCullough, M.E. (1999). Research on religion-accommodative counseling: Review and meta-analysis. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 46(1), p. 92–98. (attached)
Thread Prompt: As you have been studying this module/week, a meta-analysis is a study that statistically combines the results of several studies on a similar topic. By calculating an overall mean effect size, meta-analyses help provide information on the effects of treatments over and above the individual studies themselves. McCullough’s meta-analysis examines several studies that compare Christian counseling techniques to standard, non-religious counseling techniques. Imagine you are working in a community clinic with a variety of counselors, and you are interested in alerting the clinic supervisors to this meta-analysis and possibilities for future research that could be conducted in your clinic. to your supervisor and include the following required information:
1. Briefly describe how many studies are represented in this meta-analysis and what the main findings of the meta-analysis were.
2. In your opinion, why is this meta-analysis important in the context of Christian counseling, even though the results are not significant? Support your answer with information from the article.
3. Propose a study: In the meta-analysis discussion section, the subsection entitled “The Last Word” contains 4–5 suggestions for further studies in Christian counseling. Choose 1 that interests you and briefly propose a quantitative study to investigate this topic. The description of your proposed study must include:
a) Your research question;
b) A short description of the target participants (gender, age, diagnosis or problem area, etc.);
c) The independent and dependent variables, and how many levels/groups the independent variable would have;
4. The type of outcome measure to serve as your dependent variable, as well as its level of measurement (nominal, ordinal, scale?). The measure could be a questionnaire, self-report, therapist rating of illness severity, number of diagnostic criteria met, etc. This can be something you come up with yourself. You do not have to name an actual existing instrument unless you know of one.
5. Include references in current APA style for any sources, including the meta-analysis.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.