Read the case study nucor corporation in 2012: using economic
Read the case study Nucor Corporation in 2012: Using Economic Downturns as an Opportunity to Grow Stronger on the internet or attached files below and answer the following question:- Case Study should be 8-10 page (double spaced), References page in correct APA format. Write in the third person (avoid I, we, my, etc.).
1. What are the primary competitive forces impacting U.S. steel producers in general and the producers like Nucor that make new steel products via recycling scrap steel in particular? Please do a five-forces analysis to support your answer.
2. What driving forces do you see at work in this industry? Are they likely to impact the industry’s competitive structure favorably or unfavorably?
3. How attractive are the prospects for future profitability of U.S. steelmakers? Should Nucor consider expanding in this type of industry environment? Why or why not?
4. What type of strategy has Nucor followed? Which of the five generic strategies discussed in Chapter 5 is Nucor employing? Is there any reason to believe that Nucor has achieved a sustainable competitive advantage over many of its steel industry rivals? If so, what type of competitive advantage does Nucor enjoy?
5. What are the specific policies and operating practices that Nucor has employed to implement and execute its chosen strategy?
6. What specific factors account for why Nucor has been so successful over the past several decades? Do these factors have more to do with great strategy, great strategy execution, or great leadership?
7. What does a SWOT analysis reveal about Nucor’s situation? Does Nucor have any core or distinctive competencies?
8. What is your assessment of Nucor’s financial performance the past several years? How strong is the company’s financial condition?
9. What issues does Nucor management need to address?
10. What recommendations would you make to Dan DiMicco?