Quality improvement in healthcare | Applied Sciences homework help
Chaparral Regional Hospital is a small, urban hospital of approximately 60 beds, and offers the following:
- Emergency room services
- Intensive care
- Surgical care
- Diagnostic services
- Some rehabilitation therapies
- Inpatient pharmacy services
- Geriatric services
- Consumer physician referral services
Recently, the CEO has been hearing complaints from both patients and staff, varying from long wait times to rude physicians. You have been hired to design and implement a Quality Improvement Plan to help uncover quality problems and to satisfactorily resolve them.
You have been asked to present a narrated visual report for the CEO and Board of Directors on a video conference call to share your major findings and to discuss recommendations.
- Describe different quality methods within healthcare.
- Explain the basic models of quality improvement in healthcare.
- Evaluate the role and importance of patient satisfaction.
- Evaluate the role and importance of the patient experience.
- Apply statistics to different quality methods in healthcare.
- Apply quality improvement methods.
Your visual report should include the following:
- Types of measurements that will be used.
- Overall design of the survey.
- Identifies who will lead the QI task force.
- Identifies who should be on the task force.
- Suggestions for implementing the results of the survey.
Your visual report should be done using Microsoft PowerPoint, or any other presentation software of your choosing that also allows for narration to be added.
APA formatting for the References slide, and proper grammar, punctuation, and form are required.
Please see attached grading metrics for information to be covered