Prospectus checklist: Please carefully read all the instructions below and use the attached Prospectus Checklist and Template to complete this assignment in APA format with a minimum of 15 to 20 scholarly references less than five years old.
The facility recently transitioned to a new and better electronic health record system and also purchased standardized care plans which are supposed to be more efficient, unfortunately, the compliance with using the standardized care plans by the inpatient nurses is only 40%. Also, the facility recently had a visit of the Joint Commission and received a negative mark for the nurses not adding care plans based on the patients’ primary problem (s) or diagnosis in the patients’ charts upon admission.
Title: Educating Inpatient Nurses to use Standardized Care Plans (Based on this title, please formulate a PICO question which gear on educating the nurses to use the hospital standardized care plans)
Main Problem with the nurses in the Hospital.
(1) There’s poor compliance with the nurses not adding the standardized care plans to the patient’s chart based on the patients’ diagnosis or primary problem(s) upon admission to the facility.
(2) Nurses are not using the already built in standardized care plans in the electronic health record system of the hospital to include individualized standardized care plans to the patients’ chart based on the patients’ diagnosis or primary problem(s) upon the patients’ admission to the hospital.
(3) The hospital recently had a visit of the Joint Commission and got penalized for the nurses not adding care plans to the patients’ chart based on the patient’s diagnosis or primary problem(s) to the already built-in individualized patient care plans in the hospital electronic health record system.
What are the benefits of adding and documenting on individualized standardize care plan in patient’s chart?
___ Set of care plans are available and nurses do not have to develop a care plan
___ If nurse selects and adds care plan, it will automatically populate into patient’s chart
___ Patient’s educational tablet is dependent on nurses’ completion of adding care plan to the
___ Decreases nurses’ workflow time because preset care plan
___Nurses do not have to do any follow up teaching on care plan
Revised PICO Question: Will an educational tool increase the inpatient nurses’ knowledge about the use of the hospital newly built-in standardized care plans system as compared to not using the standardized care plans? (based on all the above, I came up with this question, but you can correct it or formulate a better one which gears towards educating the inpatient nurses to use the standardized care plans)
1) Poor compliance, just 40% of the hospital inpatient nurses are using the hospital newly built-in standardized care plans.
2) The Joint Commission (JHACO) penalized the hospital during a recent visit to the hospital because only a small percentage of the admitted patient had a care plan upon admission based on their diagnosis or primary problem(s).
3) The hospital recently transitioned to a new and better electronic health record system (EHRs) and some nurses are stating that they haven’t received enough education on how to use the standardized care plans on the hospital new EHRs.
Below is the Joint Commission Standard for Care Plans
Joint Commission Standard
– The reason(s) for admission for care, treatment, and services
– The patient’s initial diagnosis, diagnostic impression(s), or condition(s)
– Any findings of assessments and reassessments
– Any allergies to food
– Any allergies to medications
– Any conclusions or impressions drawn from the patient’s medical history
and physical examination
– Any diagnoses or conditions established during the patient’s course of
care, treatment, and services (including complications and hospital acquired
– Any consultation reports
– Any observations relevant to care, treatment, and services
– The patient’s response to care, treatment, and services
– Any emergency care, treatment, and services provided to the patient
before his or her arrival
– Any progress notes
– All orders
– Any medications ordered or prescribed
– Any medications administered, including the strength, dose, route, date
and time of administration
– Any access site for medication, administration devices used, and rate of
– Any adverse drug reactions
– Treatment goals, plan of care, and revisions to the plan of care
– Results of diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures
– Any medications dispensed or prescribed on discharge
– Discharge diagnosis
– Discharge plan and discharge planning
POPULATION: Inpatient Nurses
INTERVENTION: (Will an educational tool?) Best method on educating inpatient nurses on identifying appropriate patient’s diagnosis or primary problem upon admission to select individualized care plan and document on the interventions / progress toward patient goals each shift in Epic EHRs.
COMPARISON: Regular Care plan
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.