Jonah Prophetic Books
As you read the book of Jonah this week, think about how many ways Jonah’s story is different from that of other prophets in the Bible. Identify and reflect on the many examples of God’s mercy throughout the book of Jonah and how you might apply these lessons in mercifulness to your own life.
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
• Recognize how the corporate sins of people-groups and institutions affect the disintegration of societies.
• Discuss God’s enactment of judgment in the lives of His own people as a means of redemption and restoration.
• Discuss the nature of God’s mercy.
• Textbook: God with Us: An Introduction to the Old Testament
• Bible: A standard translation, as noted in the syllabus
1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Review Chapter 18 in your textbook, God with Us: An Introduction to the Old Testament.
3. Review the following in a standard translation of the Bible:
a. Jonah chapters 1-4.
b. Genesis 12:3 and 26:4
4. Navigate to the threaded discussion and respond to the following:
a. For the purposes of this discussion, let’s assume that the book of Jonah is a historical narrative of an actual event. Everyone in this account seems to be learning about God’s nature and character: Jonah, the sailors on the boat, and the people of Nineveh.
i. Discuss what you think each of these three “parties” learned about God’s nature and character (especially his mercy). Utilize and cite any information you glean from your textbook or other sources.
b. There is another group of people relating to the book of Jonah, invisible to us but very much in Jonah’s mind and in God’s heart: the people of Israel.
i. Remembering that the Ninevites (Assyrians) were enemies of Israel, predict how you think the people of Israel felt when Jonah returned with his story.
ii. Describe what God desired the people of Israel to learn about his mercy. Recall Genesis 12:3 and 26:4.
c. Consider how the book of Jonah might speak to Christians today. Discuss what God’s message to Jonah suggests about Christians’ dispositions and behaviors toward people living ignorantly in personal and societal sin in our time.
5. Cite your sources using the correct APA format. For more information on check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophetic_books
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.