Professional Development Exercises Assignment
February 18th, 2020
Professional Development Exercises:
- Was the nurse negligent for unlocking the bath-room door and allowing Judy to shower by herself?
- Was it below the standard of care for the nurse to leave the bathroom door unlocked when the psychiatrist came to see Judy?
- How significant are the hospital policy and procedures in this instance?
- How would you decide this case?
- Was the nurse negligent in the advice she gave Mr. Gonzales concerning his condition?
- Did the nurse exceed her scope of practice in the advice she gave the patient?
- Should the nurse have instructed Mr. Gonzales to go immediately to the local emergency center?
- How would you decide this case? Who, if anyone, is liable in this case?
- What should the standards of care be for such a patient?
- Even though the nursing care plan did not specify that the wound should be checked hourly, how should the prudent nurse have acted?
- Should the lawsuit center primarily on the surgeon for allowing this patient to be sent back to the nursing home for post- operative care rather than insisting he be kept for 24 hours in an acute care facility post-operatively?
- How would you decide this case? Get Health and Medical Help Today