The paper is about engineering designing of the munition to achieve their lethal effect on the target as well as a combination of both blast and fragmentation.
The basic function of any weapon is to deliver a destructive force on an enemy target. Targets of today include personnel, ships, tanks, aircraft, missile launching sites, artillery emplacements, fortifications, and troop concentrations.
Since each type of target presents a different physical destruction problem, a variety of general and special-purpose warheads are required, within the bounds of cost and logistical availability, so that each target may be attacked with maximum effectiveness.
For example, the military tank is hidden in the trench and surrounded by tree. There is no chance to hit the tank from the front, rear and side because they have strong thick armor protection. It is also hidden in the trench, and there is no possibility kill/hit the target, it will not get any effects. The best way to hit the target is to go for TOP ATTACK because the weakest part of the tank is at the top otherwise will guarantee to hit the target with an effective hit.
Details of the assignment:
To design the munition first, you have to choose a specific target to know the
In answering the assignment, these points should be met.
– Investigate the characteristics of the target to defeat.
– Establish critical factors in munition design.
– Appraise the performance of munitions for target defeat.
– Assess the design principles and critically review the efficiency of protective systems.
– Aspects of the assignment:
1. Cover page required clearly identifying student and assignment title
2. Executive summary
3. Main text (Part A/ Part B)
5. References List
6. Use Arial font.
9. Size 12 font.
10. Do not use personal pronouns.
11. Use page numbers
Area effect munitions achieve their lethal effect through a combination of both blast and fragmentation.
The main text includes (Part A and Part B):
– Part A. Present the engineering design required for the fragmentation and blast effect of such munition.
(Note: you may wish to choose a specific target to focus your design solutions)
– Part B. Critically evaluate the effectiveness of blast/fragmentation munitions on various structural targets and potential mitigation measures.
– However, the proposed munition and or target designs must be appropriate for the scenario. Note: you will be expected to quantify your answers through relevant calculations.
– You are to write up to a 5000-word assignment that illustrates your argument with quantified examples and citations from scholarly references.
– The assignment should be split into Part a) and Part b).
– The word count is for both parts together; however each part is weighted the same in the marking criterion, so it is suggested that you balance the text between Part a) and Part b) sections.
– Full numerical calculations to support Part a) should be placed in an Annex and only highlights presented in the main body text.
The calculation to be considered:
– Fragmentation Velocity
– Gurney constant
– Kinetic energy density
– Optimum fragment size
– You should write an unclassified assignment using open-source material from high-quality sources, i.e. journal articles and conference proceedings. You must provide examples from your sources to justify your review in particular in Part b). In undertaking this assignment, it is imperative that you conduct critical analysis.
– Critical analysis and evaluation of the munition considered in the question. (Part A)
– Critical analysis and evaluation of the scenario and of the response of the target. (Part B)
– The reference list, Figure and Table captions, and Annexes are not included in the word count. Annexes can only be used for supporting calculations.
1- (Ammunition for the Land Battle) many cases and examples of ammunitions and full discretion of each.
2- (Military Ballistics) full details on different ammunition
3- (Group solution) show different cases with the solutions. Please don’t use the same scenario on the assignment. Just to get a general idea of how to do the assignment.
https://fas.org/man/dod-101/navy/docs/fun/part13.htm. For more information on check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precision-guided_munition
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.