Directions about the entries are as follows:
For this paper you will locate an item that fits one of the popular culture text categories below (focusing on an American Popular culture item) and write an analysis for that selection.
Popular Culture Text Themes: choose any one from below
A fashion trend (attach pictures to your analysis)
A music video (provide lyrics and a YouTube link if possible)
A sport (provide pictures)
A television show (provide pictures and brief background about the episode)
A movie (provide pictures and a weblink to the movie trailer)
A popular item for consumption (provide pictures)
A piece of popular technology (provide pictures and brief background about the item)
After you have chosen a theme and picked a specific text that fits that theme, you need to write your analysis. For your analysis you should answer the following (you should answer these in numerical order):
1) What is the item?
2) Why did you select this item? What is its significance?
3) What do you “see” in the item? You need to include visual with summary of what you notice most. Describe any people – what do they look like? What are they wearing? What are they doing? How are they positioned? What does their body language convey? What is being said?
4) What “argument” or “claim” do you think the item is making? (E.g. What claim is a Hummer automobile making? What about a snowboard? A tattoo? A Marlboro cigarette ad?)
5) What values, lifestyles, or points of view are represented, or omitted, in this item? In looking at the item, it is important to understand that there is no “value-free” pop culture; all aspects of culture carry subtle (and not-so-subtle) messages about who and what is important. Oftentimes, what or who is NOT REPRESENTED is just as important as what or who IS REPRESENTED. Try to analyze your item for values and points of view.
6) How might different people understand this item differently than you? No two people see an item the same way. Each person brings to the item a unique set of life experiences (age, gender, education, cultural upbringing, etc.) which, when applied to the text creates unique interpretations.
7) Who do you think created this popular culture item? Take your best guess. Remember that everything you see was created by someone.
For more information on Popular Culture Text Analysis read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_culture
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.