1. Identify an area of inequality in your everyday life. Here are a few areas to get you started: *
Health and Healthcare – The Global Pandemic would be a great choice! * Race/Ethnicity *
Immigration * Gender/Sexism * Family * Crime & Punishment * Labor Rights * Sexual Minority
2. Find an article in a daily newspaper or magazine that is related to your area of interest. This
article can be dated no earlier than 2018. A PDF copy of the article must be turned in with the
assignment. (Click here to learn how to turn a newspaper article into a PDF). Make sure your
chosen article is based on fact and not opinion. You must use an article from one of the
following sources or else you will not get credit for this assignment:
• The New York Times
• The LA Times
• The Wall Street Journal
• The Washington Post
• The Atlantic
• The New Yorker
• The Associated Press
3. Describe the social inequality that you have chosen. What is the magnitude of the inequality?
What is its impact? Use statistics as needed.
4. Suggest possible explanations for this inequality. Your explanations must include references to
the readings and notes throughout the class and be fairly detailed.
5. Suggest a policy (via government, education, financial, etc.) that might help alleviate the
problem. This section will require some outside research on your part. You MUST correctly cite
your sources else I will not accept your paper.
6. Include an original TITLE for your paper and Use headings and subheadings to organize your
7. Your paper should between 6-7 pages long (excluding title page, references)
The rough draft should satisfy all the general requirements for the assignment: these are
listed below. Your draft must include the headings below and your draft writing/material below
● Title Page (i.e., “The impact of climate change on poor nations.”)
● Issue Description/Summary of Newspaper article
● Literature Review; Sociological Definitions; Theory/Concepts: Which area of
social inequality are you addressing? What does the evidence say? What is your
in-depth argument(s)? How is it based on your review and synthesis of your
● Policy/Law Suggestion that addresses your inequality issue and argument how it
● References: AT LEAST FOUR ACADEMIC SOURCES from one of the journals
listed above is required – They must be PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES:
Click here to better understand what a peer reviewed article is:
o A peer reviewed article is assigned for this class and is located on
BrightSpace – this is an example of a peer-reviewed article: note, it has a
methods/data and results/findings sections which are indicators of peer
reviewed articles (Peralta, Tuttle, and Steele (2010)– At the Intersection of
Interpersonal Violence, Masculinity, and Alcohol Use: The Experiences of
Heterosexual Male Perpetrators of Intimate Partner Violence). I have
placed another sample peer reviewed article (on health disparities and
stress) located in the ‘Getting Started’ tab in Brightspace.
● Submissions without academic articles FROM THE APPROVED LIST will not be
accepted, AND A ZERO WILL BE ISSUED AS THE EARNED GRADE.
● Formatting, references (ASA or APA format), length requirements: Click here for
exact examples on ASA format. If you do not use APA or ASA citation style,
you will not get credit for this assignment. DO NOT INCLUDE LINKS IN YOUR
REFERENCE, I WANT AUTHOR, YEAR, TITLE OF ARTICLE, NAME OF
JOURNAL, PAGE NUMBERS AND VOLUME NUMBER.
● Additionally, you must include a pdf copy of your media selection with your
submission. In your feedback, you will either be given approval to move
forward, or suggestions for revisions.
For more information on Police Brutality read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_brutality
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.