Final Self-Reflection and Action Plan:
How do “I” plan to support bilingual students in my practice?
The overarching question for this self-study is: How do you see yourself in relation to culturally and linguistically diverse individuals in the context of your current (or future) practice? How do you see your role and responsibility? What is one specific strategy/approach you plan to use to implement your ideology into practice?
It is critical that you consider how any/all of these factors might have privileged you or marginalized you in any way and what effect that may have had on your identity.
Additionally, the description of your role and responsibility has to be done in the context of your specific practice. This can be the program model you currently teach/practice in or that you predict you will be teaching in the future. Examples of program models include, but are not limited to, monolingual, two-way, SEI, etc. If you are not a teacher or work in an alternative program model, please describe your context as well.
Your essay should be a thoughtful reflection on the following questions:
1. What is the context you are currently practicing in/anticipating working in the future?
2. Based on what we have learned this semester what is the significance of your culture, language, ethnic background, socio-economic status, personal family history, place of birth and education when working with culturally and linguistically diverse individuals? It is critical that you consider how any/all of these factors might have privileged you or marginalized you in any way and what effect that may have on your practice.
3. What are some strengths/challenges you consider for culturally and linguistically diverse individuals in your context? How do you plan to be a supportive teacher/practitioner in your practice? What is one specific strategy/approach you plan to use to translate your ideas into practice?
Your responses should represent:
• Thoughtful description of context
• Evidence of critical thinking in your self-reflection (please consider intersectionality. Links to resources below)
• Representation of content learning
• Application of content learning to practice
Important Resource to Deepen your thinking:
• As you work on expanding your response to question 2 and the first part of question 3, I STRONGLY encourage you to consider the notion of “intersectionality” as you deepen your reflection on your identity and the identity of your current and future students. Familiarizing yourself with this concept will expand how you view different aspects of your own identity and also the identities of “culturally and linguistically diverse” students.
• Additionally, as you think about the second part of question 3 (your plan and strategy for being a culturally responsive teacher), you can incorporate ideas from readings for weeks 5 and 6.
Please make sure you do the following:
• Respond in the form of an essay, and not in the form of responses in the prompt questions. Therefore, please do not include the above questions in your response.
• Please make sure your essay is cohesive and reads smoothly. Develop a plan for your essay before you write and make sure every paragraph helps you deliver your message. Please make sure each paragraph has one unifying message rather than including multiple ideas in a single paragraph.
• Please refer to the Rubric to make sure you are including all the necessary elements.
• Please make sure your citations are meaningful, and not just dropped in the text with no context. Accordingly, if you are planning to include a direct quote, please context for the reader. For instance, Wright (2015) describes ….. as a “direct quote” (p.X).
• Please make sure you follow APA. Include a reference list.
• Please proof-read your essay.
For more information on Personal Family History read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogy
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.