250292RR Expanding Global Trade and Conflicting Worldviews
1. Historians agree that the most advanced economy up until the eighteenth century was that of
2. Who were the ulama?
A. Shi’a bureaucrats
B. Shi’a slaves
C. Sunni religious scholars
D. Sunni mercenaries
3. _______ became the most important industry in the Spanish colonies.
B. Cattle ranching
4. Michel de Montaigne introduced the literary genre called the
5. If you were a European mariner sailing the Indian Ocean during the sixteenth century, chances are you were
. What was the main consequence of the defeat of the Turkish fleet at the Battle of Lepanto of 1571?
A. The Ottomans increased their efforts to expand their European territories.
B. The Ottoman Empire formed an alliance with Spain.
C. The Ottoman Empire lost control of Mediterranean trade.
D. The Ottomans intensified efforts to modernize their navy.
7. During the fifteenth century, the status of women was highest in
D. Southeast Asia.
8. Under the system called the devshirme,
A. sultans produced potential heirs by way of slave-concubines.
B. youths were recruited from Christian families to become slaves.
C. slaves could serve as advisors called viziers.
D. all property belonged to the Sultan.
In Africa, the greatest obstacle to population growth was
A. crop failure.
10. Which statement regarding the Qizilbash is false?
A. They were granted large tracts of grazing land.
B. They provided troops to the Safavid Empire.
C. They provided the Safavid Empire with skilled bureaucrats.
D. They were Turkish Sufis.
11. After Charles I was executed, Thomas Hobbes wrote Leviathan, wherein he defended a thesis. Which of these statements bestsummarizes that thesis?
A. Monarchies must be overthrown.
B. Individuals, on their own, must embrace liberal ideals.
C. Social order requires a social contract.
D. People are mainly good at heart.
12. In Russia, boyars were
A. Muscovite Cossacks.
B. Russians of Mongol descent.
C. high-ranking nobles.
13. Prior to the scientific revolution, who reconciled Aristotle’s philosophy with Christian doctrine?
B. The natural philosophers
C. The pope
D. Thomas Aquinas
14. Under the reign of Louis XIII, Cardinal Richelieu sought to suppress Protestantism
A. throughout Europe.
B. to increase royal authority.
C. in the context of seeking support from the Vatican.
D. to gain the support of England.
15. Montesquieu was to the idea of the division of power as Denis Diderot was to the
A. concept of Deism.
B. Encyclopedia: The Rational Dictionary of the Sciences, the Arts, and the Crafts.
C. idea of tabula rasa.
D. Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations.
16. Under Louis XIV, _______ in Versailles.
A. rules of etiquette were ignored
B. nobles were seldom required to attend the court
C. women recommended individuals for honors and patronage
D. Protestants were held in high regard
17. According to the work of Johannes Kepler, which statement is false?
A. Planetary orbits are elliptical.
B. Planetary orbital motion is uniform.
C. The order of the universe is based on mathematical relationships.
D. The time required for a planet to orbit the sun specifies its distance from the sun.
Mark for review (Will be highlighted on the review page)
18. With the exception of _______, most societies have engaged in the slave trade.
A. the Australian Aborigines
19. During the fifteenth century, Arab and African merchants transported slaves to the Mediterranean where they were sold to all of the following countries except
A. the Middle East.
B. Cowrie shells
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.