Pad 505 assignment 2 | Government homework help
PAD 505 ASSIGNMENT 2
Scenario for Assignments 2-3
For Assignments 2 to 3, you are the new budgeting and finance administrator for your local government agency. Your first responsibility is to become familiar with the agency, the budget, programs, and capital projects. As the administrator, you will be responsible for analyzing, examining, proposing, and preparing the agency’s budget for the next five years.
MY LOCAL GOVERNMENT IS MONTGOMERY VILLAGE in Maryland.
e-Activity in Week 3: Research and review your local (city) government budget (e.g., Oklahoma City). To locate your agency’s budget for the 2014-2015 year or the most current budget. You can either conduct a Google search on the word (“Oklahoma City Financial Plan”) or you can locate the information on the local government’s Website. But my local government is Montgomery Village u can google that or use any other city u like but no plagiarism.
Note: Students cannot use New York City as a selected local government
Assignment 2: The Operating Budget
Refer back to the e-Activity in Week 3. From your local city’s budget, select an agency, program, or department in your city, and that appears as a budget item in the city budget. Assume you are the new budgeting and finance administrator for your local government agency. Your first responsibility is to become familiar with the agency, the budget, program, and capital projects. As the administrator, you will be responsible for analyzing, examining, proposing, and preparing the agency’s budget for the next five (5) years.
Write a four- to five-page paper, titled Part I: The Operating Budget for the (selected Agency/program/Department) in which you separate the content into sections:
1. Provide background information about the agency, mission, goals, objectives, departments, and strategic plan. (Title this section Introduction.)
2. Describe the budget of the agency by addressing the following items: (Title this section Budget Overview.)
a) Financial Summary, including Revenue and Expenditures
b) Department Budgets
d) Capital Projects
e) Debt Administration.
3. Perform a Cost Analysis. (Title this section Cost Analysis.) The costs should include the following:
a) Fixed Costs
b) Step-fixed Costs
c) Variable Costs
4. Identify and explain one to two challenges you will have in managing the budget. (Title this section Budget Challenges.)
5. Recommend two to three strategies the agency should review regarding new initiatives and budget cuts over the next five years. (Title this section Budget Recommendations.)
6. Include the agency’s most recent budget or financial plan.
7. Provide the agency’s Website name, URL, and any other sources used to support the assignment’s criteria.
NOTE: PLEASE USE AS A GUIDE OR REWRITE IT TO MAKE IT YOURS