Case Study: The J.M. Smucker Company (50 Pts)
Summary: From its founding in 1897, the J.M. Smucker Company recognizes that acting ethically is a key element of its success. The manufacturer wants to ensure that its fruit spreads, frostings, juices, and beverages remain American staples and that its daily operations are guided by honesty, respect, trust, responsibility, and fairness.
1. Why would ethics be important to a company like Smucker? How can its focus on ethics improve its business performance?
2. Appearing on “best places to work” lists can increase an employer’s popularity, even among lower-qualified applicants. The increased volume of applicants can be costly and time-consuming. What do you feel are the benefits and drawbacks of being on this type of list? Do you feel that it is generally beneficial to be publicly recognized as a good employer? Why or why not?
3. Does Smucker’s culture appeal to you as a potential employee? Why or why not?
CASE STUDY: Diversity at Wegmans (50pts)
Summary: East coast grocer Wegmans views diversity as more than just a legal or moral obligation or business necessity – to them, it is a business opportunity. The company strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects different backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints and mirrors the communities in which it operates.
Wegmans believes that to be a great place to shop, they must first be a great place to work. Wegmans emphasizes diversity in hiring to refresh stores with new ideas. Corporate values including respect, caring, empowerment, and high standards have helped the company repeatedly appear on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For.
1. In what ways can diverse employees contribute to Wegmans’ business performance?
2. What types of diversity do you think Wegmans should focus on? Why?
3. What are the downsides, if any, of building a diverse workforce? Get homework help here
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.