In your DENT 202 Preventive Procedures 1 Course, you have been introduced to risk factors for the oral diseases: dental caries and periodontal disease. You will be learning about several different preventive procedures, including oral hygiene instruction, to aid in the prevention of such oral diseases. This assignment allows you to draw on the materials introduced in this course, and to demonstrate your understanding of oral disease risk factors and oral hygiene instruction required to improve and maintain an individual’s oral health.
The aim of the assignment is to identify and describe case-specific risk factors for dental caries and periodontal disease, and to develop an individualized oral hygiene instruction strategy aimed at reducing both oral diseases.
1. You will be assigned an oral hygiene case study. Your individual case study will be found in the DENT 202 Brightspace site found under “Assignments” – Oral Hygiene and Risk Factor Assignment.
2. List your assigned case study here: Case study 3
3. After thoroughly reviewing your assigned case profile, identify the risk factors that may increase the patient’s risk for dental caries and periodontal disease.
4. You will then gather information (research) to substantiate the risk factors you have identified from the following sources:
a. Library collections
i. Digital databases
b. DENT 202 course materials
c. Scholarly Internet resources
5. Design the presentation of your research in an essay format. The essay should be a maximum 1000 words (excluding title page and references).
Your essay should answer the following questions:
i. Why is it important for you as a dental assistant to be able to identify and understand the risk factors for dental caries and periodontal disease?
ii. What are the risk factors you have identified and how/why do they increase the patient’s risk for each oral disease?
iii. What individualized oral hygiene recommendations would you give your patient to help them reduce their risk? Provide explanations for why you have made these recommendations.
6. Your research should include a minimum of 5 credible resources to a maximum of 10. You will be required to use more than your DENT 202 course materials.
Complete your essay using the format outlined in your Dental Assisting Program and Clinic Guidelines – Student Learning Guide (2020-2021).
7. Submit your essay on Brightspace under
For more information on Oral Hygiene and Risk Factor read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_hygiene
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.